Spoke to my tailor about guns. GREAT EXPERIENCE!

jho

I'm in the town of Hoi An, the tailoring capital of Vietnam. I just got measured up and told my tailor in the little bit of room in the waist for a gun. We got into talking about guns and with my limited Vietnamese I told her I had no idea what her reaction would be about guns because they're banned here.

-She said she tailors for tons of Americans and she gets that request a lot. It seems that many Americans have guns.

-She also said she thinks it's great because there are some parts of Vietnam where intruders would kill homeowners for their belongings and they can't do anything about it.

-She said it seems that Australians and Europeans are unreasonably scared of guns and that if someone is bad or good, a gun doesn't change anything about them.

I wish I knew how to say politician in Vietnamese at the time because I wanted to tell her she has more common sense than most of our politicians.

Anyway, hello from Vietnam, NES!

Lead%20Farmer_zps43thf455.jpg

I'm in the town of Hoi An, the tailoring capital of Vietnam. I just got measured up and told my tailor in the little bit of room in the waist for a gun. We got into talking about guns and with my limited Vietnamese I told her I had no idea what her reaction would be about guns because they're banned here.

-She said she tailors for tons of Americans and she gets that request a lot. It seems that many Americans have guns.

-She also said she thinks it's great because there are some parts of Vietnam where intruders would kill homeowners for their belongings and they can't do anything about it.

-She said it seems that Australians and Europeans are unreasonably scared of guns and that if someone is bad or good, a gun doesn't change anything about them.

I wish I knew how to say politician in Vietnamese at the time because I wanted to tell her she has more common sense than most of our politicians.

Anyway, hello from Vietnam, NES!

Lead%20Farmer_zps43thf455.jpg

That's great. Except for the pic. Real lead farmers use AKs. Just saying. [smile]

I wonder what that conversation would be like with a tailor here in antigunachusetts?
Quite well, if you know to whom you are speaking before you open your mouth carelessly. I picked up two pair of trousers last week that were tailored for IWB carry, fitted around the gun (by prior arrangement with the tailor).

Quite well, if you know to whom you are speaking before you open your mouth carelessly. I picked up two pair of trousers last week that were tailored for IWB carry, fitted around the gun (by prior arrangement with the tailor).

Do you get a bit of extra room cut into the jacket as well?

As a computer geek who works in "business casual" or "very casual" environments, I don't have much occasion to wear "business professional" attire, but I'm curious.

The last night we ate at Biệt Phủ Thảo Nhi - Huế. The food was very good :)
I'll look it up! I actually ended up telling my tailor in the limited Vietnamese I had that if I'm wearing a suit to a party, I'm probably getting drunk so I won't need a gun. If I end up wearing it for any other reason, I'll just carry the Shield for which my muffin top has enough give.

Do you get a bit of extra room cut into the jacket as well?

As a computer geek who works in "business casual" or "very casual" environments, I don't have much occasion to wear "business professional" attire, but I'm curious.

The only real concern with a jacket is if you are wearing OWB or IWB but outside shirt, the butt of the gun can pop through the flap. You can just opt for a back slit instead of two slits at 3 and 7 O'clock. A disproportionate jacket will be quite obvious and seem like bad tailoring.

The only real concern with a jacket is if you are wearing OWB or IWB but outside shirt, the butt of the gun can pop through the flap. You can just opt for a back slit instead of two slits at 3 and 7 O'clock. A disproportionate jacket will be quite obvious and seem like bad tailoring.

Ah. The operative term there is "single vent" vs. "double vent", BTW. (I have no idea why that bit of knowledge is taking up a brain cell.)

The vent was originally intended to accommodate wearing a sport coat on horseback. There seems to be no rhyme or reason for single vs. double vents in men's suits. Based on what little research I can do via a web search, double-vent is more of a British thing and single-vent is more American and Italian. So, maybe time for some Italian-tailored suits.

Back
Top Bottom