• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Spokane Police will add suppressors to rifles, citing concerns about hearing damage

They sound innocuous when the fuzz wants them, but nefarious when we want them.

If the $200 tax stamp isn't a burden on citizens, it shouldn't be too much of a burden for departments to pay. They should also have to wait the same amount of time a peon waits for ATF approval.

They sound innocuous when the fuzz wants them, but nefarious when we want them.

If the $200 tax stamp isn't a burden on citizens, it shouldn't be too much of a burden for departments to pay. They should also have to wait the same amount of time a peon waits for ATF approval.

Never happen.

'Silencers' for me, not for thee

Of course, but this is a good thing - the more the public gets educated on 'silencers', the more common they become, the more likely they'll come off the NFA.

It's possible (not sure) that the public is less scared of AR-15s since so many cops are carrying them now.

Of course, but this is a good thing - the more the public gets educated on 'silencers', the more common they become, the more likely they'll come off the NFA.

It's possible (not sure) that the public is less scared of AR-15s since so many cops are carrying them now.

Doubtful. People aren't afraid of a pistol on a cop's hip, but on your or my hip it's one wrong look away from killing a whole preschool.

It just occurred to me that antis will accept the argument that suppressors do provide a legitimate safety benefit by reducing hearing damage when police are involved, but would not accept the argument for the average citizen. Why? Because antis do not want it to be easier/less harmful for the average citizen to use a firearm, regardless of the purpose.

Back
Top Bottom