Spike's Tactical Feedback

fencer

NES Member
I am thinking of buying a complete M4 type rifle from Spike's Tactical. Does anybody have any advice or warnings, feedback etc.?

I have good luck with them, I have one of their 9mm. Actually most of their parts are from them as I built it myself. Their customer services has been good for me also, sending me some small parts that I lost.

Exceptional products exceptional service. I built an AR with their upper, lower, and BCG. I wouldn't hesitate to buy a complete rifle from them. They have done an incredible job making a name for themselves and I would trust my life to their products.

Mike

Wow, thanks for the quick responses and feed back. I visited their website and was impressed when I read the specs but it Kinda has a "To good to be true" feel about it. Is it just me or is that just about the only quality AR to be had for under $900 complete?

Maybe you could help me with a couple of questions. What position should you pin the stock? I'm about 6'1", 265lbs on a good day. What is a California Bullett Button and do I need one? and I am assuming that the Muzzle Break is a must

The bullet button in not needed, its for the folks in CA so that they can have a pistol grip
you will need a brake, I would have the stock pinned at full extension

Be patient, their turn around time has been slow in the past (as was EVERYBODIES for a while there). But two thumbs up for both product quality and customer service!

I have 2 of their M4 uppers, the gf's and mine, they cut one of their 16"er's down to 14.5 and pinned FSC556's on them at the same time. I did have to wait, but I expected too seeing that I wanted something special. They are flawless and eat everything.

Have all of you forgotten the privateering and price gouging. Right after the presidential election Spikes doubled all pricing on all AR stuff. I once did business with them before the election, however I do not now. I do not like to be taken advantage of and to do what they did in my opinion was just wrong.
Do as you like, just remember who you are dealing with.
As far as AR's most of the other companies did not rape the public after the election.

Have all of you forgotten the privateering and price gouging. Right after the presidential election Spikes doubled all pricing on all AR stuff. I once did business with them before the election, however I do not now. I do not like to be taken advantage of and to do what they did in my opinion was just wrong.
As far as AR's most of the other companies did not rape the public after the election.

I agree with this. I purchased a .22lr dedicated upper from them before the whole election craziness took over and it has performed flawlessly to date. I would not hesitate to recommend it as a great upper; with that said, there are plenty of other companies producing .22lr uppers now with a good reputation. I would look for a company that didn't take advantage of the people that allow them to stay in business. I had been looking at getting a spikes lower or two for other builds but after their little stunt I decided to go elsewhere.

May I recommend BCM as a fantastic AR manufacturer and a great company to work with? You can't go wrong with their products and their business practice is top notch as well.

Its called the free market.

Remsport Mfg. when a company places a post with the sole intent of discrediting your competiton, your post holds little weight.

Lots of people have sung your praise here, after my experience with you, I have decided to find other sources for my parts.

*better Martlet*

Last edited:
Remsport Mfg. seeing as your only reason to post here was to bash a company, your post holds little weight.

Lots of people have sung your praise here, after my experience with you, I have decided to find other sources for my parts.

Little weight? Why? The OP ASKED for opinions.

That being said, Mike was partners with Jon from Anvil, IIRC. They split. There is a forum on arfcom for them. I haven't heard that many bad things, and they've been recommended to me numerous times.

As for raising their prices with the market, I see both sides. That call will be up to you.

I am thinking of buying a complete M4 type rifle from Spike's Tactical. Does anybody have any advice or warnings, feedback etc.?
I have one. Worked good the first and only time I shot it with federal bulk pack, but there were a few jams. I'm told it runs flawless with CCI mini mags. If you have some or any other hyper velocity ammo and you want to try it out, something can be worked out.

No complaints with mine......

IMG_0498.jpg

I have one. Worked good the first and only time I shot it with federal bulk pack, but there were a few jams. I'm told it runs flawless with CCI mini mags. If you have some or any other hyper velocity ammo and you want to try it out, something can be worked out.

You are referring to a Spike's .22, correct?

I very much appreciate your opinion and the information. I truly was unaware of their pricing practices after the election. I may still buy a rifle from them but I will dig a little further before making any decisions. It does explain how they appear to be enjoying some new found success, and I think there is a fine line between shrewd business practices and profiteering. That having been said, I buy a ton of ammo from Walmart. I hate to do it, I really do, but decent ammo is usually 10% cheaper and I work a mile away from a a really good WalMart where the guy that works Sporting Goods is a shooter.

This response to the poster's question had nothing to do with discrediting another company. It was only my opinion and answer to the question. If you read my comment I did not mention Remsport and my comment was not intended to be self promoting.
This is my personal opinion and how I feel and my response to the question asked. Just because I am in the business doesn’t shouldn’t keep me from having an opinion of another company’s business practices. I just want everyone to know how I personally feel about taking advantage of the people that keep all of us in business and would hope that the same customer remembers who has treated them with respect in the past and who hasn’t.
I am sorry if some of you have taken my comment and answer the wrong way.

This response to the poster's question had nothing to do with discrediting another company. It was only my opinion and answer to the question. If you read my comment I did not mention Remsport and my comment was not intended to be self promoting.
This is my personal opinion and how I feel and my response to the question asked. Just because I am in the business doesn’t shouldn’t keep me from having an opinion of another company’s business practices. I just want everyone to know how I personally feel about taking advantage of the people that keep all of us in business and would hope that the same customer remembers who has treated them with respect in the past and who hasn’t.
I am sorry if some of you have taken my comment and answer the wrong way.

maybe you should create a new account under an alias and keep the remsport mfg for "business"

your post looks "douche baggish" to me as well.

here is from one of the guy i sold the acog to from California with his spike tactical stuff on his ar15.
photo.jpg

spike got some cool stuff from buffer to the lower with a sexy design. Other than that i have no idea lol..

maybe you should create a new account under an alias and keep the remsport mfg for "business"

your post looks "douche baggish" to me as well.

[rofl] I agree, they (the posts) can come off with that tone. Also, wolf, your avatar is hilarious.

here is from one of the guy i sold the acog to from California with his spike tactical stuff on his ar15.
photo.jpg

spike got some cool stuff from buffer to the lower with a sexy design. Other than that i have no idea lol..

I have no idea what you're saying here.

Ahh okay, hahaha. I have looked into their stuff, I will most likely be picking up one of their lowers once I get my BCM upper built up. [wink]

BCM is awesome too. Good choice.. Most new ar owners bought their rifle from well known brands like bushmaster, stag arms, dpms, rock river arms, delton and if they have a bit of money they will get Colt... But there are a lot of goodif not excellent name brand and quality control out there like BCM, Daniel Defense, LMT, LWRC , knights armament, Spike tactical , Vltor, FN.. etc.. [rolleyes] Why there are so many..

Back
Top Bottom