Spikes lower

MAGA99

NES Member
Just got a lower build kit today for a spikes that I've had in the closet for a while. Love the built-in trigger guard, and the logo, etc. Seems as well machined and built as any other out there. got it all together, and sloppy fit with all my uppers. Not to the point where it would affect accuracy, but still, even budget lowers fit with no play. The lower is now completed and covered in CLP so tough to return. Wish I had gotten another stag or anderson but went for a cool logo. lesson learned. A quick google search revealed that this is a common problem. bummed.

that would irk me too. sorry, maybe try different upper manufactures to see if one will have a better fit? although almost all the uppers I see seem to be identical even down to that pellet looking mark on the side. wonder who really makes em…

Really? I thought Anderson were the budget lowers and Spike's were a step up?

Sorry, sucks to be disappointed with the stuff you traded hard work for.

four makes of uppers (well, two are PSA but different forge marks) and all have the same slop. They fit to my satisfaction on three other lowers, as they should. I always wanted a spikes....sloppy doesn't look cool in my book. Looks aside, when you pick the rifle up and can feel the upper move on the lower, that's a fail. No such slop on cheaper lowers.....nor more expensive ones.

Really? I thought Anderson were the budget lowers and Spike's were a step up?

Sorry, sucks to be disappointed with the stuff you traded hard work for.

that's what I thought too. thumbs up on colt, anderson, stag!!

In. Thanks.

Pretty sure if you googled most brands, they would all have complaints about sloppy fit on all the major sites. Pivot/takedown holes not lining up, variations in the thickness of the metal, trigger opening not centered, grip screw hole not threaded deep enough, etc. Just return it for another as it will probably bug you.

i've built on 5 spikes lowers. any slop i've encountered is from the upper. i can prove that by changing an upper from one lower to another. if an upper is sloppy on one, it's sloppy on all and vise versa with a tighter fitting one. and all my uppers are bcm with the exception of my 7.62x39. i use accu wedges too on a couple of rifles, they work pretty well...and cheap enough they can be replaced when needed.

I got lucky, bought a complete Anderson Lower a week before 7/20 from Tombstone in Brookfield MA for $185. Purchased a Sig 516 Piston upper a few weeks back from a private seller. They fit perfect together. NOt only was I lucky about the fit but also about buying a completed lower before the 7/20 debacle.

I guess I just got a weird one....bought from LGS here in NH, I think I'll discuss it with him. Probably will ask him for a discount on another rather than a return, hehe. I'm not into subtracting from the collection, if it works, it works. Just strange that this is the first one that has ever had any slop, I guess I've been lucky. Wish I could test them in-store because I love the logo on the spikes!

Back
Top Bottom