• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Specific AR-15 Transfer Question

I'm curious of any input available here before I call GOAL.
My friend is joining the Air Force soon and wants to sell/get rid of all her firearms before she leaves. On July 20, 2016 she went to her local gun shop and was able to purchase one MP-15 Sport II. Any idea if this particular firearm would be FA10 transferable to me now?

Last edited:
Who knows, but her majesty last said that yes, you can legally transfer anything that was owned prior.

Of course, she also said that she can be an indian giver - sorry, that's insenstive. She can change her mind at any time.

I was looking for that thread earlier. It's got good information but not sure about the legality of a rifle acquired ON the 20th, not before.
Nobody is "sure" of that. However realize that NOBODY received notice of said violations (of made up law) until that day or even later when they received a piece of Mail with no receipt requested. So nobody can really be prosecuted for violating a PRESS CONFERENCE! One can speculate on the legality of the letter, but nobody is required to watch TV to determine what is legal and when the hammer falls.

IANAL but I can't see anyone getting jammed up for this. Even a marsupial judge would have a hard time justifying it.

Back
Top Bottom