• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Special class banned from carry at New York State Fair when off duty

The pig bit is a bit harsh. I'm the first in line to rant about special carve-outs for certain segments of society weather it's firearm related or for gimmies annnnnd I personally don't like dealing with police at all as I usually get the stink eye even when asking for directions but still...

Nothing new. Banned from several areas in NYC. Any Federal building, 9/11 memorial. Empire State and Statue of Liberty.
The ban for them at the state fair did not previously exist. That makes it new by definition, regardless of how many other places that special class was prohibited from carrying previously.

The pig bit is a bit harsh. I'm the first in line to rant about special carve-outs for certain segments of society weather it's firearm related or for gimmies annnnnd I personally don't like dealing with police at all as I usually get the stink eye even when asking for directions but still...

I combined 1984 with Animal Farm?

Last edited:
Yet the police union will still have their nose so far up democrat ass they will know what they had for breakfast.
f***ing unions love to suck the ass out of Dems......... How many millions did the NYC police dept lose from Democratic defunding? Yet the union will pucker up to the fullest extent.

"God forbid, there’s an active shooter or any other type of incident where an officer may have to act,” Rotunno said in his interview."

Hopefully they would act and not mill around waiting for instructions but ya know ya gotta get home safe.
there would be a better argument, that being there are more responsible gun owners by sheer numbers who have used their weapons to stop criminals than off duty law enforcement.

Police, especially IMHO those off duty and not in uniform do not have any legal duty to protect you... hell they know one of their own would shoot them in a NY minute if they showed up and they were holding a gun in plain clothes

The best line I heard a seller write in response to a complaint about pricing was "I do this for my economic benefit, not yours."

there would be a better argument, that being there are more responsible gun owners by sheer numbers who have used their weapons to stop criminals than off duty law enforcement.

Police, especially IMHO those off duty and not in uniform do not have any legal duty to protect you... hell they know one of their own would shoot them in a NY minute if they showed up and they were holding a gun in plain clothes
Nearly EVERY argument about why civilian concealed carry is bad applies to off duty and out of uniform law enforcement.

Responding LE might not recognize armed responder as a good guy - check

Hard to defend when the bad guy makes the first move - check

Insufficient training - we have some police that just do the annual qual, and some civilians like Dikin, Jack Wilson, and BJ Baldwin who actually train

I’ll bet a deep fried snickers that this will be rescinded

Yep. Not letting cops, former cops, people who worked with cops, get special treatment will go away when mASS stops police details.

I went by one today in Taunton. One whole side of a road blocked off on a blind curve.

Cop was. . . . . WATCHING HTE ROAD CREW CUT DOWN BRANCHES!

Not 2 cops. One. Because when teh city is paying, they minimize it. And he must wanna be a lumberjack not a cop. The other side of the lane closure was BARELY visible to him. Unreal. You could have hired 3 flagpeoples for the cost of that guy.

Yep. Not letting cops, former cops, people who worked with cops, get special treatment will go away when mASS stops police details.
A nice start would be getting rid of restricted distribution, do not tolerate on a civilian vehicle, police immunity decals affixed top vehicles in one of two recommended traffic stop visible positions.

Target rich environment, NY just keeps doubling down. See you in court Kathy. Let's see how long the Police Unions keep supporting the anti-Police Dems who spit in their faces.

Target rich environment, NY just keeps doubling down. See you in court Kathy. Let's see how long the Police Unions keep supporting the anti-Police Dems who spit in their faces.

Until they get totally defunded. You're talking about hard umbilical cords that would need to break. Basically, if you had an all-Republican leadership in state government, eventually you're gonna see your Po-Lease contracts and union strength go down the tubes. Regardless of what cops think of this, they will NOT cut off their meal ticket.

Back
Top Bottom