Speaking of Worth...

What do you guys know aobut Makarovs?

I have a buddy that has one that he's wanting to sell. It's an E-German that he says is in pristine condition.

i5uhk4.jpg

i5ui5j.jpg

He's only asking $300 for it... But as I don't konw that much about them, I was wondering what you guys thought.

I've never shot one. And this guy I've know for sometime, and he really knows his military firearms. But I've just wondered about these things.

I bought Ed an EG Mak about 2 years ago. It was issued to the EG police back in the late 40's IIRC. It was in excellent shape and I paid $300 for it. (got it on my C&R) He doesn't shoot it often, but it's a damn fine little pistol.

I bought an E German Mak back in 2000 for $160 from one of the C&R distributors (when they could/would ship to MA).

It feels a bit crude to me, blocky Russian design.

I've shot a couple, but don't currently own any. I do know that Sam Cohen, who some of us knew here before he escaped to New Hampshire and GONH, loves them, and will talk about them all evening (or at least as long as there's a beer in front of him).

Ken

East German Mak's Have increased in value due to the fact they are C&R's and they where the best made of all makrov's. All that I have seen are from the early to mid 1960's. A few years back you could pick one up for About $160 But now with everyone getting into the C&R FFL thing going rate for one in excelent condition Is $275-$325. The good thing for Mass residents is you can buy one from out of state and Use a C&R. Russian and east German are C&R, All the rest are not and the price reflects it by a couple hundred bucks.

I don't see why not, Not illegal to own it, might be a good idea to do an FA10 to register it, just to cover your butt. Ma law had an exemption for collectible firearms any thing on the C&R list is considered collectible.

matt said:
If you buy one with a C&R, could you carry it in MA? Or does it have to live in the safe except for visits to the range?
You can carry it and everything you buy with your C&R MUST be registered using an FA10.

AMV said:
I don't see why not, Not illegal to own it, might be a good idea to do an FA10 to register it, just to cover your butt. Ma law had an exemption for collectible firearms any thing on the C&R list is considered collectible.

More that just a good idea. As a C&R licensee you can purchase any C&R guns that aren't prohibited by the MA cosmeticly-challenged gun law (AKA Assault Weapon Ban), but just as with long guns that you purchase FTF from an out-of-state FFL, or arms you inheret, you're required to file an FA-10. The only exemptions on having to file an FA-10 are purchase from a MA-licensed dealer (who does the reporting for you) and firearms you bring with you when you move into state.

Ken

Back
Top Bottom