• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Speaking of a lost Karma...

majspud

NES Life Member
NES Member
Speaking of a lost Karma I posted a 2 book Karma on 8/18/14....that's three and a half years...the books were not passed on or returned to me. If they were library books, at an average fine of 10 cents a day, late fees would be about $127.75 each.

Would Shiva916 and Shaggy0131 return my books or re-Karma them.

t

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-02-17 at 4.57.33 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-02-17 at 4.57.33 PM.png
    37.2 KB · Views: 43
  • Screen Shot 2018-02-17 at 5.05.08 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-02-17 at 5.05.08 PM.png
    359.7 KB · Views: 43
FWIW:

They may of passed them on without saying anything. Not to long ago I won a book karma and when I was done I passed it on to the first poster in the original karma thread instead of running a new karma.

Bob

Post #18, January 24, 2015; "Time to pass the books along again..." I also sent PMs which were not returned.

Recent similar post reminded me nothing had happened for a long time.

t

The one book I've won I held for a year then forwarded it on to a friend who will pass it on when the 2 of them are done with it.

I've found books are treated a little differently. When I loan a book to someone I assume there's a 50% chance I'll never see it again. Even when loaned to solid, upstanding people they don't seem to come back, unless it's much later when they stumble across it. Books seem to be that way with people somehow.

I suggest if you want the winner to return or re-karma, you should state that up front, not six months later.

Agreed. Sometimes etiquette must be forced on people though. If I got a free book in a Karma I would re-Karma it as soon as I read it but, hey not everyone reads a new book right away?

Back
Top Bottom