Speaker Robert DeLeo pushing for more Gun Control

"It's not clear if the state's current laws would have prevented Omar Mateen, the Orlando shooter, from getting a gun license. However, the assault rifle Mateen used isn't legal to buy in Massachusetts."

Of course MA laws "could" have stopped him from getting a license. Live in a red town or the local Chief could have failed him on the "suitability" aspect. They guy was crazy. He attempted to buy body armor and bulk ammo from one store in FL and they refused him and then called the authorities to report him. You actually think he is going to pass muster during the "interview" with the local Chief or licensing officer that many of us had to go through.

As a security guard he probably could have obtained a licensed even in a red town if he acted normally during the interview.

Chief's discretion as a (unconstitutional) tool, as is with most of the public's view of police, overestimates the capabilities, competence, and professionalism a department usually has

WTF?! We just did this dance two freakin years ago!

And the result was a Repub Governor. Does DeLeo REALLY want to go down this path?

Here we go again...
As if it EVER stops in this Liberal wingnut maggot infested filthbag state??.....and every time there's an election they get their leases renewed, or we get a "new dynamic face in the Commonwealth"....and they elect the Seth Moultons, etc.

(Elections have consequences in most cases - except here in the CommonPuke of LiberChusetts)

Anyone notice the bizzaire absence of John Rosenthal from all this? Normally he would be mugging the cameras for self promotion by now.

It's unbelievable that these legislators think that obtaining a license is going to prevent someone from causing mass casualties. It's stupidity actually, but I digress!

I thought Omar had a federal firearms license....his company contracted with NSA. How would any Mass law or restriction have hampered him?

"It's not clear if the state's current laws would have prevented Omar Mateen, the Orlando shooter, from getting a gun license. However, the assault rifle Mateen used isn't legal to buy in Massachusetts."

The terrorist was an armed security guard for a federal contractor. What law do they think would have prevented him from getting a license in MA?

Gun control is what allowed this to happen. The terrorist was government approved.
Gun control only benefits tyrants, criminals and madmen that's why corrupt politicians support it.

This is all BS, just a smoke screen ! This is just another golden opportunity to screw legal gun owners. If the F.B.I. had been doing their job what happened in Orlando might have never happened at all !! This is like a rerun of a bad movie. The F.B.I. were warned about the Marathon bombers, and they did nothing. And they had those dirt bags from San Bernardino on their radar long before that terrible event ever happen. Again, they did nothing. Anyone who believes the F.B.I. or any other government agency will protect them, is a dumb a** .

This is all BS, just a smoke screen ! This is just another golden opportunity to screw legal gun owners. If the F.B.I. had been doing their job what happened in Orlando might have never happened at all !! This is like a rerun of a bad movie. The F.B.I. were warned about the Marathon bombers, and they did nothing. And they had those dirt bags from San Bernardino on their radar long before that terrible event ever happen. Again, they did nothing. Anyone who believes the F.B.I. or any other government agency will protect them, is a dumb a** .

What I find most amusing is that Congressional Type Folks are pushing for a bill that would require the FBI be notified if someone under terror investigation attempts to buy a firearm.

Last I checked, the NICS system was an FBI system. I am pretty sure they are already notified since you know, the NICS check passes through their systems.....

Of course MA laws "could" have stopped him from getting a license. Live in a red town or the local Chief could have failed him on the "suitability" aspect. They guy was crazy. He attempted to buy body armor and bulk ammo from one store in FL and they refused him and then called the authorities to report him. You actually think he is going to pass muster during the "interview" with the local Chief or licensing officer that many of us had to go through.

So...he does what any professional criminal/terrorist will do: obtain a firearm illegally. Paris has some of the strictest gun control in the world. Did not stop the recent terrorist attacks there. Same with the UK. That lawmaker was shot dead with a handgun in a country where only the military and police are allowed to own handguns. Why doesn't DeLeo try to bring back the electric chair and start frying criminals like our forefathers did? Maybe, just maybe, he is a chickenshit liberal?

Here we go with this fat, stupid commie puke POS again. This guy is pure stupid, and a danger to freedom.

So...he does what any professional criminal/terrorist will do: obtain a firearm illegally. Paris has some of the strictest gun control in the world. Did not stop the recent terrorist attacks there. Same with the UK. That lawmaker was shot dead with a handgun in a country where only the military and police are allowed to own handguns. Why doesn't DeLeo try to bring back the electric chair and start frying criminals like our forefathers did? Maybe, just maybe, he is a chickenshit liberal?

Of course he could of gotten then guns/ammo illegally. [smile]

My comment was also meant to demonstrate the draconian nature of MA laws, not defend the laws. I was kind of writing what I would have said to DeLeo in person if he had made the comment to me that MA laws would not have stopped the shooter.

What I find most amusing is that Congressional Type Folks are pushing for a bill that would require the FBI be notified if someone under terror investigation attempts to buy a firearm.

I WISH it was amusing. The ignorance of our elected (and appointed) officials and more so, those uninformed apathetic voters that continue to vote them in are dismantling this country, and not so slowly anymore. I'm increasingly feeling like I spent a collective total of 2.5 years of my life BOG in Afghanistan for absolutely no reason. I think maybe I should have just spent that time at home with the family.

Sorry for the rant. It's just with the recent Peruta decision, yesterday's Draper v. Sea Hag decision, the ignorance/apathy of our federal/state governments and increasingly our fellow American citizens, I'm really starting to wonder if we can save this great republic of ours. I just feel more discouraged by the day.[sad]

Back
Top Bottom