• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Sparky's Gun Shop - Webster, MA

Patriot

NES Member
Visited this shop on Saturday. Nice guy, good service, good reloading inventory out where
you can see his stock. I didn't check his gun prices as I was there for a transfer but I did
buy some ammo from him and it was a fair price. He was friendly, helpful, and a bit crusty,
Definitely seemed to be a character. Good hours as well. He is easy to find (right off the
highway).

Sparky's Gun Shop
E. Main Plaza
Webster, MA 01570
1-508-943-4211
Email: [email protected]
Web: http://www.sparkys45.com/

Last edited:
I visited the store a little while ago. His gun inventory (count) wasn't all that impressive at the time. He did have a Para Warthog I was interested in but it was out of my price range at the time. I was also looking for the Sig P229 mags which he said he wouldn't be able to get for me. [thinking]

Turned off by Sparky's...will never shop there...

I visited the shop again this past weekend. Just like my first visit it was rather disappointing. What made things worse was what I heard while perusing the shelves of the store. One of the customers had a conversation with the gun behind the counter about a lost PIN# and how he called the local police dept (not sure which town) and how the woman LEO he spoke to said she would not be able to retrieve it for him and he had to call back on Monday. What the guy behind the counter said floored me. He called the woman a DAMN C***. [angry] I don't have a problem with guys using profanities but some things are unacceptable to me. This is one of those things. There is absolutely no reason to call someone that especially in front of customers.

This, boys and girls, is why I will NEVER shop at Sparky's.

Last edited:
Went yesterday and bought a tiny bit of ammo. 3 other customers buying guns. As per always, everything went 100% perfect. Sparky's a great guy to chat with.

Just got back from Sparky's. It was the busiest I have ever seen it with some of the regulars in there as well. He and his son were very helpful explaining some reloading stuff. He has a pretty good selection of primers and powders. He is low on bullets but has more coming in next week. He also had 7 stripped lowers left and a few preban AR mags.

I drove through Webster the other day and thought of going to Sparky's but didnt know exactly where he is. Whats the address anyway?

Ended up stopping into Bob's and spent some chatting with Bob and checking out some S&W's and the new PPS. He was well stocked in Glocks and some nice long guns as well.

Not sure of the physical address but it is in the E. Main St Plaza. If you get off 395 towards Dudley it is just after the set of lights on the right. It is in the same plaza as Freindly's in the back next to Gallo video.

Went in today looking for a .22 rifle for Vicki. The guy was great - no B.S. advice, no pushy sales pitch, just good help and advice. Slightly high on the price, but worth it for the lack of the "ooh look a girl" factor.

Decent prices for .223 as well. I mean, err...Nope, no .223 at all. None. All sold out. (Soon as I go back later this week it may be, though. [smile])

thats the total opposite of what I have found shopping at sparkys, I was treated like I was invisible as soon as i entered his shop. All he was concerned with was talking to his permanent patrons and could care less that i was trying to look at his limited inventory. If you shopping in Webster your better off shopping at bobs gun shop at least he has a clue and has inventory. He has helped me acquire some handguns that I was told cant be found, a glock 30 in particular. sparky said glock didn't make any that would be MA complaint, Bob found some that were. sparkys an idiot

thats the total opposite of what I have found shopping at sparkys, I was treated like I was invisible as soon as i entered his shop. All he was concerned with was talking to his permanent patrons and could care less that i was trying to look at his limited inventory. If you shopping in Webster your better off shopping at bobs gun shop at least he has a clue and has inventory. He has helped me acquire some handguns that I was told cant be found, a glock 30 in particular. sparky said glock didn't make any that would be MA complaint, Bob found some that were. sparkys an idiot

I had the same. All he would say was "what?" even if I was standing across the counter, speaking directly to him. It was obvious it was intentional. The regulars came in behind me, and it was old home week, and I was rendered invisible as well. No need to return, plenty of places closer, with better attitude.

I had the same. All he would say was "what?" even if I was standing across the counter, speaking directly to him. It was obvious it was intentional. The regulars came in behind me, and it was old home week, and I was rendered invisible as well. No need to return, plenty of places closer, with better attitude.

+1 on I won't be going back

I went to Bob's in Webster and thought I'd drop by Sparky's as well. I had money in my pocket and the full intention of purchasing a firearm that day. All told I visited 4 shops that day. Sparky's was the worst.

As the last two posts stated I was invisible. I had to ask the "regulars" to move off the counter so I could see his inventory. Felt pretty unwelcome when doing so and the guy behind the counter did not acknowledge me. Something in the back was suddenly more important than helping me. I left.

Haaaaaaaaaa! This is beautiful!!!! I thought I was the only one that was treated like an invisible illegal alien type commie. I "tried" to take a look at the extemely limited inventory, but two of the regulars/cronies were blocking the case and I wasn't going to jump over anybody. What a total joke! How is he still open with this "customers go up my ass" attitude? Beats me.... I would WALK 50 miles to Four Seasons before I ever DRIVE the 10 miles back to that dump again.

Place is a joke no inventory and its more of a social club for the regulars. I was treated like an idiot when I asked if he had any primers he responded like I should know that he does and how dare I ask him to get out of his stool to get them for me. The icing on the cake was when I asked if he had any preban AR mags he said yes I told him I would take 6 he said ok rung me up and gave me the mags so upon inspection they are not preban so now I ask for my money back and he gets pissy with me... needless to say he got some choice words from me after giving me a hassle to get my money back. I WILL NEVER GO BACK THERE OR RECOMMEND ANYONE SHOP THERE

Jusr a few facts to share:

It is a social club. Think "Cheers" but Guns instead of Beer.

The inventory is amazing but most will never see it, there is a reason so many regulars hang around. Most guns only last a few minutes or hours.

The prices are also very good, If he gets a deal, you get a deal.

He keeps a handful of new guns on the shelf for walk-ins. Regulars aren't interested in "new"

Sparky will give you the shirt off his back, he is a stand up guy.

If you want a "Dicks" or some other customer service oriented shop, this is not the place for you.

If you want to spend some time, get to know some people, you won't find a nicer bunch.

He does this because he likes it, not to get rich. If he makes enough to play the electric and rent he's happy.

He absolutely does not care in the least what anybody thinks, I know, I showed him this thread.

I used Sparky's for one of those transactions where he had to fill out a federal "multiple handgun purchase form" and was treated well. I made the arrangements by phone, and when I went in for the pickup there was a regular in the comfy chair and Sparky. It was a kind of relaxed environment where I felt I was visiting someone's hangout - but I was made to feel welcome, was treated politely, all the paperwork was done exactly accordiing to the proper procedure, and treated very fairly with the transfer fee. I would not hesitate to use his services again.

Jusr a few facts to share:

It is a social club. Think "Cheers" but Guns instead of Beer.

The inventory is amazing but most will never see it, there is a reason so many regulars hang around. Most guns only last a few minutes or hours.

The prices are also very good, If he gets a deal, you get a deal.

He keeps a handful of new guns on the shelf for walk-ins. Regulars aren't interested in "new"

Sparky will give you the shirt off his back, he is a stand up guy.

If you want a "Dicks" or some other customer service oriented shop, this is not the place for you.

If you want to spend some time, get to know some people, you won't find a nicer bunch.

He does this because he likes it, not to get rich. If he makes enough to play the electric and rent he's happy.

He absolutely does not care in the least what anybody thinks, I know, I showed him this thread.

Are you kidding me!!! Tell me you're not defending that AH*** by comparing it to Cheers? How can you come on here and defend anyones business thats motto is bad service? by saying well its a social club. And I like the comment ( Most guns only last a few minutes or hours ) He has no inventory and he knows it. His attitude is if you want I can order it and then blows you off. His used inventory is exactly what you said gone in hours because his permanent rejects are over anything that comes through the door. Seen it first hand
I tried to give him a chance and went there a total of 6 times hoping to be treated like a real customer instead you got all of his buddies squatting all over the store getting in your way or better off giving you unwanted advice every single time. Your comment sounds like you are dying to get your own chair at sparkys we don't give a shit gun shop. You can have it, I am done I only shop at Four Seasons/Bobs Gun Shop and First Defense

Haaaaaaaaaa! This is beautiful!!!! I thought I was the only one that was treated like an invisible illegal alien type commie. I "tried" to take a look at the extemely limited inventory, but two of the regulars/cronies were blocking the case and I wasn't going to jump over anybody. What a total joke! How is he still open with this "customers go up my ass" attitude? Beats me.... I would WALK 50 miles to Four Seasons before I ever DRIVE the 10 miles back to that dump again.

Same thing here NEVER GO THERE AGAIN

Again I went to his shop, waited about 20min to get acknowledged that I was alive, asked how much he was selling his preban AR15 magazines for and he said he had none. Just behind the counter was a box full of them.... He then tried to sell me a post ban thermold mag that clearly stated "for law enforcement use only"

inventory is a joke, owner is a joke... Never again

For some reason I found myself in Sparky's about a week ago and then I quickly remembered why I don't go there anymore.
- no inventory
- no personality
- no nothing

I think we all know shops like this but I keep wondering what are they selling to whom and how do they stay in business?????

For some reason I found myself in Sparky's about a week ago and then I quickly remembered why I don't go there anymore.
- no inventory
- no personality
- no nothing

I think we all know shops like this but I keep wondering what are they selling to whom and how do they stay in business?????

Easy answer, he probably has a pension of some sort and only has the place to hang out and get his friends things

Easy answer, he probably has a pension of some sort and only has the place to hang out and get his friends things

I think you're probably close on this. I was in there a few weeks to a month ago. No real issues but I wasn't skipping out of there singing either. He and one of his buddies were discussing the fact that he had been in the hospital for a few weeks. That was his reason at the time for not having inventory.

The classic of my visit was his salesmanship. I bought a box of magnum pistol primers. After writing me up by hand, swiping my card, and having me sign, he says "You need any bullets?"

I used to look for that shop when i was going through Webster. Now I just forget it and go to Bob's.

Bobs Gun&Archery is a great shop. Always impressed that he wipes down every firearm before returning to the case. Besides, he's one of the friendliest GS owners I know. Always with a smile and always willing to answer any question.

Bobs Gun&Archery is a great shop. Always impressed that he wipes down every firearm before returning to the case. Besides, he's one of the friendliest GS owners I know. Always with a smile and always willing to answer any question.

Yep. Good inventory, good prices and customer service. No BS.

Never been there before and dont plan on it. I called today for a quick check on a firearm..AKA im looking to spend money! Im so pissed im taking the time to find this thread and comment..The phone call went like this..

Sparky's : SPARKY'S

ME: Hello, I was looking to see if you had a S&W 642 or 442 in stock?

Sparky's: No.

ME: Ok..well what about a Kahr CM9 I know its a long shot..

Sparky's: Nope, on order.

ME: Ok well when you have them in stock what are you pricing them at?

Sparky's: Dont know, would have to look..

ME: (pause because I thought he might check, being it was a Tuesday at 11AM)..Ummm ok.

Sparky's: Ok.

ME: Click (hangs phone up shakes head)

Now I know there have been many threads on phone courtesy at gun shops but it was Tuesday at 11AM.. how busy can you be?

Back
Top Bottom