• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Spare Parts Kits

I was just reading a survival article and the author noted that you'll need spare parts kits of each of your firearms. The two firearms firearms that I would use in a survival situation are the AR-15 and 10/22. I can get a commercial spare parts kit for the AR, but what parts would be most likely to break on a 10/22. I was thinking a spare extractor and a firing pin. Am I missing anything really important?

Field strip the 10/22 and take a look at any small parts you've got. Pins, springs & screws. Those would be some good parts to add to the list as well since they could easily be lost while cleaning.

firearm specific items are great, but stock on materials. You'd be surprised what you can make with a piece of aluminum stock and a file.

CTD and Sportsman's guide usually have both screw and spring gunsmithing kits-not a bad idea to have handy. You can pick up both for around 50 bucks, if I recall from when I got mine (hack gunsmithing whim) They also have firearm specific kits too.

Back
Top Bottom