• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Spare Mag Carry

I got a free remora mag holster when I made an order and so far I like it for what it is. It's a little weird iwb, but it fits both mags I use and I can put it anywhere iwb or pocket. Depending on the setup I go for on a particular day, it works well at about 11 o'clock with a slight can't toward my left hip. Sometimes, it also helps my gun stay put better because it takes up a bit of room iwb, which it seems sometimes helps and sometimes hurts.

Front, imagine your arm at your side. Drawing that mag it's easier to get the index finger on the nose of the top bullet in the mag. Twisting your arm the opposite way seems really difficult to me.

Related:

For weak side vertical carry, rounds facing front or back?

I have tried it both ways, with rifle and pistol mags. I prefer bullets front on pistol and bullets back on rifle. Works best for me and the way I do my reloads.

Best thing is to try both ways and see what works best for you.

I do bullets back as well.
I was talking to some guys who recently took a class at Sig and they were instructed to do rounds facing forward.
They explained the reasoning to me, which made *some* sense, but I don't feel I make any additional movements with rounds back, so I really have no desire to switch. And I'm not at the level where .47 seconds matters on my reloads during am match.

I just got this mag carrier from SHTF Gear and it's great. Comfortable, low key, easy on/off and the price is reasonable. Here's a link to their site www.shtfgear.com

HMC_BR1-101x101.jpg

Been looking for something like that. Ordered!

I have tried it both ways, with rifle and pistol mags. I prefer bullets front on pistol and bullets back on rifle. Works best for me and the way I do my reloads.

Best thing is to try both ways and see what works best for you.

This. ^^ There is diversity in how people effectively run their guns. Always be open minded and try things. Worst that happens is that it doesn't work real well.

I'm not a pistol shooting champion by far... but bullets facing rear feels works better for me. https://instagram.com/p/2z2JlVBPFx/

I'll hopefully get over to 508's house during my vacation, and see if I can get that horizontal kydex going.

Been carrying my mags in different pockets lately, depending on what I'm wearing... Had an opps the other day while in the check out line at Staples.... reached into my pocket for some dough.. pulled my hand out and onto the floor drop an 7rd mag.... The guy behind me looks at the mag, then at me.. says, ya got enough... I just smiled..

This. ^^ There is diversity in how people effectively run their guns. Always be open minded and try things. Worst that happens is that it doesn't work real well.

I'm not a pistol shooting champion by far... but bullets facing rear feels works better for me. https://instagram.com/p/2z2JlVBPFx/

I'll hopefully get over to 508's house during my vacation, and see if I can get that horizontal kydex going.

Bullets down on horizontal?

I used to carry rounds facing backwards, but switched. Neither seems to be any slower/faster, but found it to be easier to really slam the magazine in if you need to with rounds forward. The hand is pistol positioning is more conducive for it.

I used to carry rounds facing backwards, but switched. Neither seems to be any slower/faster, but found it to be easier to really slam the magazine in if you need to with rounds forward. The hand is pistol positioning is more conducive for it.

The mag is decidedly easier to slam home when the bullets are facing front[wink]

Considered buying kydex sheets to make a mag holster that sits parallel with my belt. It would be on my left side for comfort and balance

Back
Top Bottom