• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

SP2022 Decocker Repair Help

So, ok... as the title says, I have an SP2022 with a malfunctioning decocker. If the hammer is cocked the decocker just slides without dropping the hammer. I plan to send it back to Sig Sauer (as stated in another post) but if it's an easy fix, I'll just do it myself... any help?

Do you have night sights on it?
The reason I ask is that they throw them on for cheap money when you send it in. (I had my 2009 serviced last year) It was a little over $100 & they went right through it, just like new now :).
If it's something that you want to look into fixing yourself, you are welcome to take a look at mine to see what might be amiss with yours. I believe the decocker is the same set up inside.

It does have the night sights... and they really do glow, huh? Love 'em... anyways, I appreciate that offer, but I'm working 6 days a week with OT everyday, so my chances of getting to you (where are you located?) are pretty slim in the upcoming weeks. Sig was really decent about setting up the repair. The guy even tossed a note on my RMA mentioning that I'd appreciate an extra magazine as retribution for my troubles haha. Guess we'll see if that pans out though. Just figured if it was something I could do on my own, it'd save me from being without the gun for a couple weeks.

I don't remember what it takes to get the decocker working but I had a DAO p220 that I switched to a DA/SA. There is a way to connect the decocker which may have come loose.

Here is a diagram:

Gtr5K.jpg

You may also want to check out youtube. I think that is where I went for help with my 220.

What's the test date?

- - - Updated - - -

Does the gun function normally otherwise?

Checked the quality inspection tag - all it has is a signature, but no date. As for functionality - I' just picked it up. I haven't even had a chance to get it to the range, but everything else seems to be functioning absolutely fine. I'll post a picture of the decocking lever in a second... It seems to be fine as well. Everything is connected, it's just not actuating the hammer to decock. Odd...

Here are some pics of the decocker lever and decocker spring. You can see in one pic, that the hammer is cocked and I'm pressing down on the decocker, with zero hammer reaction, as well as a pic of the spring while the decocker is fully pressed.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1368061533624.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1368061533624.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 26
  • uploadfromtaptalk1368061549714.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1368061549714.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 15
  • uploadfromtaptalk1368061559942.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1368061559942.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 17
  • uploadfromtaptalk1368061572424.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1368061572424.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 16
  • uploadfromtaptalk1368061618860.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1368061618860.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 12
Hmm... may have just fixed my own problem...

I put the grip back on the gun after taking the pics, reattached the slide, and figured **** it - Just tried the decocker and it worked like a charm. So, then I cocked the hammer about 20 more times and the decocker worked everytime. My only guess is that I possibly freed something up in the process of reconnecting the grip. Guess I may never know. But I suppose I can thank NES again, cause without posting this thread, I would have never took the gun back out for pics and thus - I would still have a non-functioning decocker :) Thanks everyone... I can sleep better now haha

There are instances when the decocking lever must be pressed very hard to decock the hammer. It is not functionally correct, obviously and is typically caused by the sear. Try using two hands and press pretty hard and see if it decocks.

- - - Updated - - -

Hmm... may have just fixed my own problem...

I put the grip back on the gun after taking the pics, reattached the slide, and figured **** it - Just tried the decocker and it worked like a charm. So, then I cocked the hammer about 20 more times and the decocker worked everytime. My only guess is that I possibly freed something up in the process of reconnecting the grip. Guess I may never know. But I suppose I can thank NES again, cause without posting this thread, I would have never took the gun back out for pics and thus - I would still have a non-functioning decocker :) Thanks everyone... I can sleep better now haha

Cool

There are instances when the decocking lever must be pressed very hard to decock the hammer. It is not functionally correct, obviously and is typically caused by the sear. Try using two hands and press pretty hard and see if it decocks.

Well... didn't have to press ultra hard or anything, but I think you may have been on to something there... As it's a new gun, it might have just needed some "beating up" to get it into shape. Jaring it with the grip probably did that.

Back
Top Bottom