"southpaw" left handed 1911

I just don't get it ..........

As a lefty, I've never had an issue with right side ejection.

I must be doing something wrong. [thinking]

Wasn't there a guy on here asking about the cost of building a lefty 92FS recently? He should save himself some cash and pick one of these up.

Holy crap is that expensive. As a lefty, I would love a LH 1911, but not at any significant premium.

Wasn't there a guy on here asking about the cost of building a lefty 92FS recently? He should save himself some cash and pick one of these up.

I had thought of him too he was rambling on about having the cnc codes and stuff i couldn't remember what type of gun though. I don't get the need for this don't most if not all 1911's have ambidextrous safeties? yea the slide lock is on the other side but is it really that big of a deal?

I had thought of him too he was rambling on about having the cnc codes and stuff i couldn't remember what type of gun though. I don't get the need for this don't most if not all 1911's have ambidextrous safeties? yea the slide lock is on the other side but is it really that big of a deal?
Two of the most popular low-end 1911s do not have ambi safety - Remington 1911R1 and SR1911. Neither does a Colt Gold Cup. Sig 1911 does have ambi safety.

Business said:

Just being able to say "I have a lefty 1911" would make it worth the price to someone out there with an expendable income, I'm sure.

I wonder if the rifling is going the opposite way as well? Surely those left handed bullets would get confused being fired out of a right handed barrel...knuckle bullets!

I don't get the need for this don't most if not all 1911's have ambidextrous safeties?

No, most don't. Ambi safeties are weaker than single-side and are more likely to get bumped off. That said, they can be added easily at low cost by any decent gunsmith.

Back
Top Bottom