Southern/ South central NH members... how many of us are there here?

I didn't know there was a shop of any kind in dunbarton... what do they carry?

edit: nevermind.... I just looked them up.

Only about 25' right now. We just moved into the place in January, I haven't seen the property without snow. This spring I'm gonna locate a good shooting area and cut down some trees.

if you want some help clearing a range, let me know. I'd be glad to help.

Bedford here...didn't realize there so many of us so close.

glad i started the thread then.

btw, does anyone know anyone here affiliated with manchester firing line? maybe we could set something up.

also, I'd be interested to hear anybodies opinions of manchester firing line by PM. [wink]

I also like MFL - it really IS a lot better when you're a member - but we also just put in an application at Purgatory. It's close, seems like a great group of people with good personal discipline on the range, and it's OUTDOORS!

Yep, yet another NESer in the neighborhood. [smile]

i don't like MFL cause the two times i went there where some gangsta' wannabees renting guns and being abunch of fags. and I heard one of the guys behind the counter give someone (that obviously didn't know a lot about guns) a line of shit.

i'm not going to bash the shit out of this place. I can see why people like it. by for me, I can shoot for free in a pit. and i don't really dig the indoor thing.

i don't like MFL cause the two times i went there where some gangsta' wannabees renting guns and being abunch of fags. and I heard one of the guys behind the counter give someone (that obviously didn't know a lot about guns) a line of shit.

i'm not going to bash the shit out of this place. I can see why people like it. by for me, I can shoot for free in a pit. and i don't really dig the indoor thing.

I like MFL just because I can rent and try before I buy. It'd be better if I could take a rifle such as an M44 in there with full power milsurp loads...

yeah thats a good point. i wanna try a 226, so i'm probably gonna try to go up there for that. and i'd be down for this pub get together you speak off. but being unemployed, probably shouldn't.. but i will.

I don't have any issue with MFL either. there are drawbacks, but that's inherent no matter what.

I was just curious to see what other's opinions of the place were.

I'd be up for a get together in nashua sometime. range days are always better though... nothing like feeling out a bunch of guys you might want to hang out with by watching how they handle themselves on the range.

maybe a member with personal shooting space in one of the surrounding towns could host a BBQ in the spring or something. I'd do it, but I live in the middle of suburbia.

M&P15...Picked it up Saturday at Stateline.

my buddy just picked up an M&P15 that i'll be holding on to for him. he lives in MA, so the gun is "owned" by me and will live in my safe till he moves up here.

We'll prob find someplace to drop some rounds this weekend.

Eh, the only things I really ike from Smith are their wheelguns, but to each their own.

Jryan88, I'm in the same boat. Fody's tavern has $3 domestic beers however, and the atmosphere is usually pretty good there. They're not a dive (like Cattleman's) but not as hoity-toity as most of the other places. Uno's and Applebee's are usually pretty good price wise on drinks, plus you can get actual food there.

I for one think a spring BBQ would rock, I can't host as I live in a roominghouse, but being unemployed I'm availible pretty much whenever.

I'm a member of MFL and CRNG... it's paid for itself already and I don't have to wait up to 3 hours on the weekends to shoot.

FYI, MFL says they are installing a new backstop and shooting lanes soon. Some sort of flowing water backstop system?? (I could have this wrong) that will allow rifle loads to be used (frangible not needed).

Doubling up on lanes also. Owner says the current system was put in long time ago, narrower lanes will be installed toreduce the chance of someone pointing a weapon at he lane next to you (and will result in 1 person per lane). Supposed to cut down on wait times during busy hours.

Claimed to be spending 100K or so on doing this. I thought he said in the 'next few weeks'.

you know what... I've lived in NH my whole life...and until I looked, I didn't even know Rindge existed.

Back
Top Bottom