Southborough Rod and Gun Club

My friend and I took our boys, three 13 year olds and a 9 yo up to the hill to shoot trap today. First time for 3 out of 4 of them. Shooting 20 ga. youth Mossberg 500's. Not easy with a 20.

Thanks to Gary for some great coaching and making the boys feel welcome. My 9.5 year old really wanted to give it a go. He went 1-2 getting a turn in between squads and now knows what shotgun recoil feels like! He wanted to shoot more but he's just not big enough yet even with youth gun.

My buddy came down from NH to shoot on the hill. It was a good 1st time for his boys. No pressure and some good instruction. Its obvious that the guys there are trying to create a welcoming atmosphere and are encouraging new and young shooters. Maybe next time I'll get a chance to shoot! Thanks to SRGC for a fun afternoon.

Gentlemen - It is my pleasure. You guys did the groundwork because all the boys were very safety conscious. I seriously thank you for that. I hope to see you and your mini-me's again. We can continue teaching as long as they continue to learn. You will find most all people at SRG are more than willing to lend a hand with any questions or technique. That's why I chose to join SRG. But then again in the words of the late Groucho Marks --- "Club? Join the club?? Why would I want to join a club that let me in as a member!!??"

Safety thought ------ "no one should be able to see if there is a hole in the end of your gun barrel"

Reminder to all....Spring Cleanup is tomorrow, at 8AM

Come on out, and let's spruce up the place!

"Strong like bull, smart like ox" will be the word of the day. If you are good at swinging a hammer, or just at raking leaves, we need you.

remember....it's your club!

Dumb question time... What if I'm not a member yet...? But willing to pitch in because I'd like to be?

I assume y'all don't turn down help, but I did want to ask... hell, I might have to do my own cleaning up around my place, so I might not be available... but it seems like a good opportunity to meet members and, well, it looks good for a potential member. ;)

8AM - ??? When do y'all stop?

- HP

HP-

It's not a dumb question, and it's a generous offer. Which we'll gladly accept! [laugh]

It generally goes until we're done (generally by noon, depending on the work list, and the turnout) and lunch is provided.

If you have other commitments, and want to show up for a bit....that's cool, too.

Hope to see you there!

Will any NES people be around SRG some night this week or weekend? I'd like to stop in and take a tour of the place and get to know some people too.

I'll be there Sunday morning for a rim-fire Benchrest event at 10:00 and will be around for trap in the afternoon.
Ask for Steve. I'll give you the nickel tour.

Steve gives good nickel tours! LOL.

Argh, I hate being tied up on the weekends... So want to go to some events!

- HP

Trap tonight, eh?... that's tempting...

To ride (the motorcycle) or to go to trap... or to... ride to Trap?!

Dun dun dun...

HP

So why's this even a question? Ride bike to top of the hill!

It'll be a 8 minute ride unless I find a REALLY long way to go. [laugh] That's why it's really so shameful I haven't been out to SRG for an event! I'm so close... but oh so busy. But w/ the g/f going out with friends tonight, it looks like a microwaved hot dog eaten over the sink, followed by a ride to the top of the hill...?

[rofl]

HP

My downstairs is a construction site... so I'll prolly be working on that tonight, way behind schedule. Wish I could attend.

Getting old and feeble fail.

So here I am humming along at work getting things done, thinking, "Self, if you can get a lot done, you can leave early, be at SRG for 6pm, meet some folks, shoot, and still have time to ride out to bike night..."

I'm getting things done, the team here is awesome... Then it dawns on me why I have never attended the Thursday night trap events at SRG -- I teach Thursday nights, and that doesn't go away when it's nice out. Completely forgot.

Bucket of fail.

[crying]

- HP

Tonight may not happen... Too bad for me, I was looking forward to meeting Handsome Mike.

Sunday is looking good though.

Recent LTC recipient, NRA and Goal member, living in the Boston area, thinking about applying to SRG. One concern right off the bat: it looks like meetings are on Tuesdays but I have class Tuesday nights and I'd rather not wait till the summer when class is over to join a range. Any suggestions? Website also asks for TWO sponsors, yet I don't know a single member :/

If you head to the club on Sunday's the club president (his name is Steve) is usually at the top of the hill for trap talk to him to see what your options may be, while you are there get to know some folks and you'll find sponsors in no time. Also might as well get a couple rounds of trap while you're there

Back
Top Bottom