Southborough Rod and Gun Club

Is anyone here a member of the Southborough Rod & Gun Club? I went to their May meeting a couple days ago and put my membership application in, but it looks like I have to wait another month before I can get into the club and start using their facilities. This, of course, is driving me nuts because I just bought my first handgun (Sig P226 9mm) and really want to try it out.

Anyway, the facility is nice, about 80 acres, very good 200-m outdoor range and an indoor pistol range, as well as skeet, trap, and sporting clays. Can't wait to break out the old side-by-side I inherited from my father. :) The grounds are very nice, the folks are friendly, and it looks to be a good thing.

Just an update and some info on Southborough R&G;

The 100yd outdoor rifle range is open and has been since about October. The club had a hard legal battle but ultimately they were able to reach an amicable agreement with the Hopkinton Country Club. The agreement basically allowed the range to open after their range expert agreed it was safe. The club spent considreable time and money making sure this was one of the nicest and safest ranges in the area. Please go to www.srgclub.com to see the new photos of the range.

The club has made some strides in otherways now. Members get a pass card that now allows access to the club house and the indoor pistol range.

I have been a member there for @ 15yrs and am the first to admitt that there USE to be an access problem to the club house and range. the membership voiced its concerns and that problem has been resolved. An added benefit is the clu dosnt seem a "cliquee" lately. I personally attribute that to more people useing the club house rather than the different diciplines sitting at the trap house, the skeet house, or at the rifle range.

I think Southborough R&G has some of the best faciluties in the area. It also has a great bunch of people.If anyone would like to check it out PM me and I would be happy to show you around

Hey guys,

New member to the forum. I can't go on the SR&G website at work but if I remember correctly when I was home on their site in order to become a member you need to know a current member who will vouche for you.

I'm interested in joining the club but I dont know any members there so I how does a guy like me become a member?

Hey guys,

New member to the forum. I can't go on the SR&G website at work but if I remember correctly when I was home on their site in order to become a member you need to know a current member who will vouche for you.

I'm interested in joining the club but I dont know any members there so I how does a guy like me become a member?

Just like that! Have you been up to check things out? I'd be willing to show you around sometime. Let me know and thanks for your interest.

Hey 25th,

No I haven't been there yet. Back in the spring my buddy and I visited a bunch of places but Southboro was one we didnt visit. We were turned off at the fact that we had to know someone to vouche for us.

My buddy ended up finding a gun range in Northbridge which is basically a sandpit with nothing there except sand. You got to bring your own tables, benches, targets and stands. Not a huge deal its just more crap you got to load into the car and lug around. I've gotten kind of tired of going there just because its kind of a pain to load up all that crap.

Southboro seems to be more along the lines of what I'm looking for out of a gun club and its a lot closer/easier to get to which is a huge plus. I was thinking of coming down on Sat to check out the place.

Hey 25th,

No I haven't been there yet. Back in the spring my buddy and I visited a bunch of places but Southboro was one we didnt visit. We were turned off at the fact that we had to know someone to vouche for us.

My buddy ended up finding a gun range in Northbridge which is basically a sandpit with nothing there except sand. You got to bring your own tables, benches, targets and stands. Not a huge deal its just more crap you got to load into the car and lug around. I've gotten kind of tired of going there just because its kind of a pain to load up all that crap.

Southboro seems to be more along the lines of what I'm looking for out of a gun club and its a lot closer/easier to get to which is a huge plus. I was thinking of coming down on Sat to check out the place.

Well when it comes to knowing someone when myself, 25th pull, and Kid Presentable became members we knew one member but everyone at the club is super nice and willing to sign an application for a new member.

If you want to see the club I would be more than happy to show you around. I won't be around this weekend but I know 25th pull and my bf Kid Presentable will be at the club this weekend up at the trap house helping out with the 105 shoot and sunday with the competition trap shoot.

If you have any questions feel free to PM me.

Hey 25th,

My buddy ended up finding a gun range in Northbridge which is basically a sandpit with nothing there except sand.

I have a friend who is a member there, I don't like that you can't shoot at all on Sunday. I used to live in Northbridge (Whitinsville).

Danielle thanks for the warm welcome! I think 25th is going to help me out this weekend!

i'll be there with 25th pull at the 105 shoot (saturday) and at trap (sunday)....i'll probably be the only minority there so i won't be hard to spot...

don't sweat having to "know" someone...we went there not knowing anyone and the club president signed off on our papers

i'll be there with 25th pull at the 105 shoot (saturday) and at trap (sunday)....i'll probably be the only minority there so i won't be hard to spot...

don't sweat having to "know" someone...we went there not knowing anyone and the club president signed off on our papers

[shocked]your a minority!!!!!!!!!![shocked] How did I miss this????????[rofl]

Hey KP ...you're NOT a minority....the Trap Committee is the largest at the club!

And to all that are interested : The "105" shoot is an open trap shoot that we're holding this saturday, 10/3. 15 pair doubles, 50 singles, 25 handicap. Lewis system for determining winners. If you're intersted in shooting, come on out ( PM me if you want more info ). If you want the nickel tour of the facilities, that will likely not be the best day, as we're going to be busy. So come on some Sunday: Trap and Skeet are open to the public, and it's a good way to meet the people and see the place.

About the "vouching": Two members in good standing are required, but, as was posted above, after chatting with some members, that's generally not an issue.

We're a very friendly group with lots of youth programs ( gotta get the next generation somewhere!) so feel free to come on out.

Guys I'll def be there on Sat since I got nothing going on during the day. Just wanted to know if someone would def be available to give me a tour that won't be busy with the shoot.

well, I guess it depneds upon the weather....we're shooting regardless, as we're actually quite rugged and manly, ( except for the ladies, who are lady-like). If you don't mind the possibility of a wait, I'm sure that someone can show you the place.

If you decide to join in the shoot, Club guns will be avaiable, as will ammo at a special shoot rate.

Info below, in case you (or anyone else) is interested!

Ask for Mike, and we'll be happy to help you out.

Southborough Rod & Gun Club 105 Trapshoot
50 Singles, 25 Handicap, 15 Pair of Doubles
October 03, 2009 - 10:00 AM

Sponsoring Organization: Southborough Rod & Gun Club
254 Fruit St
Hopkinton, MA 01748
(508)435-3736
www.srgclub.com

For Information Contact: Bob Bezokas
12 Maple Street
Fayville, MA 01745
(508) 480-0988
[email protected]

Directions to Range: RT 9W to New Flanders Rd to Flanders Rd; Right onto Fruit St. From Hopkinton Center, Cordaville Rd (RT85), Left onto Southville Rd; Left onto Fruit St.

Rules: Current ATA Rules.

Competition open to: All

Program Registration Fee: $21.00 for the Program, if ammo is needed (105 shells) a package price of $45.00 for the Program and Ammo.

Entries Close: October 03, 2009 at 11:30 AM

Shoot Starts: First squad @ 10:00 AM registration opens at 09:00 AM

Classification of Competitors: Based on the Lewis System, 3 classes with a class added for every additional 10 shooters over 20 with a maximum of 5 classes.

Awards: The purse will be divided evenly between the classes with 70 % going to the winner of each class and 30% to the runner up. In the event there is a tie the following will be used for the tie breaker(s).
· The highest handicap score.
· If there is still a tie the longest run in handicaps from the beginning.
· If there is still a tie then the highest score in doubles.
· If there is still a tie then the longest run in doubles from the beginning.

General Information: On Sunday September 27th during the regular trapshooting hours of 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM, we will have the fields setup for singles, doubles and handicap practice.

SR&GC range safety rules will be enforced (eye and ear protection required)

SRGC Trap

Tim, and others:

Saturday is a trap shoot v. Maspenock, but Sunday is open to the public, and we're been running "hunters' doubles" on our combo field - it's a fun time and a bit out of the usual.

Sunday Trap and Skeet is 1-4 PM

See you at the Top of the HIll!

Southborough Rod And Gun Facilities

Is anyone here a member of Southborough Rod and Gun Club? I am thinking about joining, as it is fairly close to home. I would like to know what they have for facilities? Would you be willing to give me a tour one evening, and help me with the membership process? Thank you for any help.

Southborough R&GC

Hey there,

general info can be found at

www.srgclub.com

we're having a Trap Turkey Shoot this sunday (we shoot Trap every Sunday, open to the public) and next Tuesday is our regular monthly meeting.

The meeting begins at 7:30 and guests are welcome. I'll be there from about 6:00 on (club has a pre-meeting dinner for $6) and if you arrive by 7, I'll be able to give you a quick tour of the place. If you stay for the meeting, you'll also get a better feel for the place. The Club is more than just the facilities, it's the membership.

Any specific questions, please feel free to PM me or reach me through teh Clubs's website - click the Committee tab, I'm the Trap chairman.

I'd also be interested to learn more about Southborough, as I'm looking to join a local club (in addition to Harvard, which is great but a bit of a hike for me). I'm considering both SRG and Hopkinton. I haven't visited either club yet.

The SRG website has a lot of info on the club's history, but very little about their current facilities. According to comments in this thread, SRG has outdoor ranges out to 100 yds (one post mentioned 200?), a key-card accessible indoor range, and trap. They also appear to have a HAM shack, which could be interesting.

I'd also be interested to learn more about Southborough, as I'm looking to join a local club (in addition to Harvard, which is great but a bit of a hike for me). I'm considering both SRG and Hopkinton. I haven't visited either club yet.

The SRG website has a lot of info on the club's history, but very little about their current facilities. According to comments in this thread, SRG has outdoor ranges out to 100 yds (one post mentioned 200?), a key-card accessible indoor range, and trap. They also appear to have a HAM shack, which could be interesting.

the outdoor rifle range has 12+ shooting lanes, there they are divided equally for 25 foot, 50 yards and 100 yard shooting. the rifle range is gorgeous and is accessible by key-card only. the indoor range is in the basement of the club house and has hand cranked target holders and i believe the distance is 25ft max.

Indoor range is 50 feet, 7 lanes.

Best bet: Next Tuesday, come on out for the Montly Meeting. Starts at 7:30

If you're there by 7:00, you can get the Grand Tour. Dinner is $6.00, and starts at 6.

We're also open for Trap and Skeet on Sundays, and there will generally be someone who can show you around on those days, though this week, we're having a Trap Turkey Shoot on Sunday, and may be a bit busy.

If you want more info, feel free to PM me back. I'll be at the meeting, and will be gald to show you around.

I saw this thread and checked out the site for the club. I'm a Maspenock member. I met the pistol team at a meet a couple weeks ago. Really nice group of guys (and a gal if I remember right).

Anyway, I saw on the calendar something about a pistol steel plate shoot. Is that for members only? Is there anymore information about that event? Curious. I'm sick of shooting at paper all the time.

I just became a probationary member of the SRG club last Tuesday, and was wondering if there were any maps of the grounds available at the clubhouse (or online), or if the best way to get a feel for the lay of the land is just get up there and explore? Thanks!

I just became a probationary member of the SRG club last Tuesday, and was wondering if there were any maps of the grounds available at the clubhouse (or online), or if the best way to get a feel for the lay of the land is just get up there and explore? Thanks!

Not sure on maps, but just wanted to welcome you to SRG!

Verbal map:

Come in the front gate

Main clubhouse (indoor range in basement) is on the right.
Archery targets on the right.
go forward a bit
Outdoor range on the right
past the range
Trout pond on the right
up the hill
Trap fields and Trap clubhouse on left
Ham Radio shack on the right
Little further
Skeet field and Skeet clubhouse ahead.
Dirt road on the right: to primitive camp and sporting clays.

Around the place is also a walk-up archery range.

Or, just come out and ask a member to show you around.....
there'll be plenty of people out on Sunday for Trap....why not join us?[smile]

Back
Top Bottom