• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

South Shore Rifle pistol league 200yrd matches

The South Shore Rifle and pistol league will be starting its 200 yard league June 2nd
The two clubs that host the matches are Ames Rifle and Pistol in Easton, Ma and Old colony sportsmans in Pembroke, Ma

There are many Clubs on the south shore in the league: Mansfield, Satucket, Sharon, Holbrook, Marshfield, Braintree, Angletree, and New Bedford.

The matches are Tuesday Nights from 6-6:30 till 8pm ish
its a 22 shot match all standing on the A21 target all Standing the top 20 shots count.
The top 4 shooters on teams are the ones that count so a new shooter will not hurt the team average.
The rifles used range from: hunting rifles, Ar's, M1A's, bolt action 40x's up to Anshutz 22rf
its $3 per night

the league web site is http://www.southshorerpl.com/
Directions to the clubs are there.
Sight in night is June 2nd
matches June 9- Aug 11th

Who said .22 RF can't shoot 200 yards?

img_4107.jpg

the target is the A21 and the inner X ring marked with a 10 is about 2" and the 10 ring is 4"
A shooter I know there was testing ammo prone

Hey Tackleberry,

That was not my shooting. I replied to little-doodie's original message and when I quoted it in included his image. Scroll down past my message to see his original post. He deserves the credit.

Damn... I WISH I could shoot like that!

Cheers,

Rich

Ok I will let the secret out of the Bag...
I did not shoot that 22RF target and the shooter did not shoot it standing either.
it was a prone target to sight in his rifle.
the funny thing is he cants his rifle in prone and does not in standing so considering a 22RF drops about 60" at 200 yards without canting it was hitting about a foot off the paper without the cant.
Ames had about 28 shooters
it was a good turn out
Mansfield shot well ...not sure of the score.

Back
Top Bottom