• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

South Carolina Man Sentenced to 78 Months in Prison For Trafficking 25 Handguns into New York City

On at least five occasions between January 23, 2019, and May 9, 2019, TORRIE JOHNSON sold firearms to an undercover New York City Police Department (“NYPD”) detective (the “UC”). In total, JOHNSON sold 25 firearms to the UC in Manhattan and the Bronx, including a variety of 9 millimeter, .32, .38, .40, .45, and .380 caliber pistols and revolvers, as well as hundreds of rounds of assorted ammunition. JOHNSON purchased the firearms in South Carolina, and transported them to New York City for the purpose of selling them here. On at least two occasions, the UC specifically told JOHNSON that the UC was planning to transport at least some of the firearms that JOHNSON had sold to the UC to a foreign country, and resell them there for a profit. JOHNSON told the UC that he was attempting to obtain for sale to the UC a Century Arms Mini Draco AK-47 semi‑automatic pistol. In addition to his prison term, JOHNSON, 42, of Sumter, South Carolina, was sentenced to three years of supervised release.

I wonder what Eric Holder would get for all the weapons that the ATF lost during the Operation Fast and the Furious scandal?

Should’ve known it was a trap. Obtaining guns for illegal exportation yet living in New York?

Meh, this has got nothing on the Florida Man thread.

On a serious note, to put this into perspective a US citizen was sentenced to be locked into a steel and concrete cage for six-and-one-half years followed by permanent second class citizenship for the crime of doing exactly what the highest law of the land defines as a right.

I think I just woke up in Bizzaro World. [thinking]

But hey, a “gun crime” where the perp didn’t walk...yet. He’ll get a COVID-walk soon. Non-violent crime - it’s the guns that are the killers. They’ll get life (or resold by dirty cops).

Back
Top Bottom