• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Sources of ammo in MA, mail order?

My Sigs are deveoping a nasty habit of requiring lots of ammo lately. :D Since I live in MA my options aren't plentiful. When I can I stop by Wal Marts in NH/ME and pick up some cheap CCI but other than that everything is MA seems to be at least $2/box more and it's starting to become significant. Besides this FS and CC don't seem to have many different brands... for example I can't seem to find any Speer Lawman anywhere.

Any suggestions? I realize no one will post mail order companies that wll ship to MA but please PM me if you know any good ones. Does the savings in ammo outweigh the cost of shipping?

Thanks!

I see that you are a newbie here, welcome to the forum.

Wal-Mart's prices in MA are the same as NH, except for the sales tax.

Carl/FS or Jack/CC will order anything that they can get for you, just ask them.

Shipping is a tremendous cost added to the "cheap mail order ammo" . . . and as gas prices start reaching for $3.00/gal again it will only get worse.

You might not save anywhere near as much as you might think after S/H is added to an order . . . even if you are able to find suppliers that will ship to MA.

Reloading is something that you should look into as a good way to save some money. There is a Reloading forum here where you can get some good info.

LenS said:
I see that you are a newbie here, welcome to the forum.

Wal-Mart's prices in MA are the same as NH, except for the sales tax.

Carl/FS or Jack/CC will order anything that they can get for you, just ask them.

Shipping is a tremendous cost added to the "cheap mail order ammo" . . . and as gas prices start reaching for $3.00/gal again it will only get worse.

You might not save anywhere near as much as you might think after S/H is added to an order . . . even if you are able to find suppliers that will ship to MA.

Reloading is something that you should look into as a good way to save some money. There is a Reloading forum here where you can get some good info.

Thanks for the quick response. I'm sure this would have been covered before- I did see one post suggesting that no one publicly post mail order companies so I figured I's ask. But your points are well taken, not so sure I'm ready for reloading yet though.

I honestly don't know if I've ever asked Carl if he could customer order some ammo- I'll try again.

Back
Top Bottom