Source for Goex FFg?

I live in Mass. on the northshore and I'm looking for some Goex FFg. Called Bass Pro in Foxborough and they were out. Anybody know where I can get some?

It is a bit of a hike but at least I'll save the sales tax![grin]
Thanks for the tip.

Make your own...

[video=youtube_share;kIM8BgRM6gA]http://youtu.be/kIM8BgRM6gA[/video]

What are you shooting it in? I've used fg to ffffg in various guns over the years and never had a problem. If you just can't find ffg, could you use another granulation or one of the substitutes? I made black powder once. I do not recommend you try it.

What are you shooting it in? I've used fg to ffffg in various guns over the years and never had a problem. If you just can't find ffg, could you use another granulation or one of the substitutes? I made black powder once. I do not recommend you try it.

I'm going to be loading 8 gauge all brass shotgun shells for use in a signal cannon. If I can't find FFg I'll try FFFg.

DO NOT USE "4F" (ffffg) FOR ANYTHING OTHER THAN PRIMING A FLINTLOCK PAN!!!!
You will blowup yourself & your gun!!

In an 8 ga. I'd use fg. I used 4fg in a very strong gun that was rated for it by the manufacturer. It is normally used only to prime a flintlock.

NH store with 4F(FFFFg) powder in stock?

DO NOT USE "4F" (ffffg) FOR ANYTHING OTHER THAN PRIMING A FLINTLOCK PAN!!!! You will blowup yourself & your gun!!

FFFFg is also used in the NAA mini cap & Ball revolver, and for blank charges in a Coehorn Mortar.

Speaking of cannon blank charges, anybody know of a shop in NH with 4F in stock? After this weekend's festivities, I am out.

One of my cap & ball revolvers is a Ruger Old Army and it's strong enough to fire 4f though I use 2 or 3f. I only use 4f as priming powder.

4F could probably be used in BPCR, after compression, 2F turns to dust.

I compress mine to the point that I take out a bullet and the powder doesn't fall out, I have to use a screw driver.

Now I need to read if anyone uses 4F for BPCR.

Well I just combed through my Lyman's 2nd edition BP handbook and there is NO data to support 4F BP loads, so i'm a hard pass on that. 4F for pan charging only IMO .

Back
Top Bottom