Sorting on Classified Firearms Forum

dvdgrnwd

NES Member
I used to be able to sort by date so I could look at the last weekly postings when I looked through the classified firearms forums but that doesnt work anymore. Any chance of bringing that functionality back? Thanks.

For anyone in a free state the classifieds here are useless NO ONE puts their location in the header or body of the ad.
I've given up and just try other forums or just head straight to gunbroker.

how about a free state section ?😈

They already have one. It's called "gunbroker."

Yeah. There is some way that sellers are able to top a post without replying. I don’t like it. Frustrating.

Yeah. There is some way that sellers are able to top a post without replying. I don’t like it. Frustrating.
It's very annoying.

I can't tell the last time I bumped a post when I press the "Bump" button.

I don't want to bump before 7 days, but I have before my mistake.

The "Bump" button should only allow a bump after the proper time.
If it is not past 7 days, the "Bump" button should not activate a bump.

I think these problems can easily be fixed by the tech crew.

There also should be a classified add control panel where a user can see all his ads in one place.

Otherwise they can get lost and lead to duplication and clutter in the forum.

As I seller, I actually CAN'T reply to bump my thread. All I can do is hit a bump button on the top right. And @Reptile is right; I can't figure out when it's been seven days.

Odd.

Is this bump button new?? I don't recall seeing this before. I always replied to my ad to bump it.

I can't reply to my ads but I notice others have been able to reply/bump their ads?...

I just tested the bump button now and it bumped my ad prior to the 7 day timeframe...Ooops! My bad.

Agreed, I often think it's a new listing, but it ends up being something that's been around for some time. Before the software upgrade it showed the # of replies each time something was bumped up, and I knew to ignore it.

Besides, how will we know when the Flobert rifle record will be broken if we can't see how many times it's been bumped (vs. the original post date)?

Last edited:
I thought this was already covered and you can bump something like 7 ads a day or something? There's no restriction on time for bumping now.

AFAIK, if your ad was created before the update you can bump with reply. New ads use the bump feature.

Ditto on the location and/or price missing and/or any other rules violations. If they violate a rule, I report the thread to mods. The rules exist for a reason. Love seeing an item I was interested in via the title and click on it and have to try to judge by the stupid high price if it's a MA extortion price or a deluded seller since they decided to omit where they are.

Back
Top Bottom