• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Sorry, just got the call again

I've been hunting deer for over 60 years. The only thing that you can expect is that you can expect is that it can happen when you least expect it. After a while you get depressed, and then, all of a sudden that monster buck appears. My sons and I were hunting Maine one year with no luck all season and then we took three deer in the last hour of the season. It happens. Jack.

I actually expect a banner year this year. 2 lighter winters with heavy apple and mast production should have had fawn production up.

Followed by this year with no acorns and some early snow which should have had deer moving more looking for food. Giving hunters more opportunities to take.
This year should be an easy year to hunt even in the bigger woods. I havent hunted around here enough to see that. The few days ive gone out I seen only a dink buck and a doe.

Ill be interested in this years final numbers.

People I talk to in the east say numbers are down and coyotes are hitting hard. Thats kinda always the case out here.

I've been hunting deer for over 60 years. The only thing that you can expect is that you can expect is that it can happen when you least expect it. After a while you get depressed, and then, all of a sudden that monster buck appears. My sons and I were hunting Maine one year with no luck all season and then we took three deer in the last hour of the season. It happens. Jack.

You are 100% correct. At ANY time a deer can pop up and change a !@#$!@#$ day to a great one!

Hard part is to just keeping at it!

...and I'll be out this afternoon! :)

Good luck! Hopefully you get one!

My buddy just got back from PA and they say they were seeing 20+ deer a day. Some of this on public land. They have a 3 pt per side min, and shoot one or two does for meat for the group of 3 of them, so as to not over hunt their area. They said if I am on the same page, I'm welcome. So...I'm headed there next year!

I'll bowhunt CT, and Rifle hunt PA. I'm done seeing nothing in the woods here, this state is so poorly managed its not even funny. Others may disagree....but if your seeing one deer all WEEK and having to shoot it....to me its NFG.

Back
Top Bottom