Son found pistol backyard

Previous post reminded me of this. 2 years ago my son called me. Told me not to worry if anyone called me about the cops at the house. He came home from middle school and saw a pistol someone ditched in back yard. He simply let it be and called the police. I was very grateful I introduced my boy to firearms before this happened. Had he been curious this could have ended differently. Always think of that day when people give me grief about my son shooting.

It would be interesting to try to apply the law about being allowed to keep found property that is turned into the police if it not claimed in 30 days or so.

He was 11 then. T
a1256677457f5ea2962454c870bf4d8a.jpg

Lock all your guns up please.

This, because there's absolutely no other possible way for a "thug lyfe" type to get a gun than from a gun owner who just left it lying around somewhere.... it's just not possible.

-Mike

It would be interesting to try to apply the law about being allowed to keep found property that is turned into the police if it not claimed in 30 days or so.

Yes it is, its too bad someone didn't have a gun lawyer bring this to the PD on their behalf. If this happened in one of the big dump cities with raging anti gun PDs this would quickly turn into mass hijinx. If it happened with a more normal chief my guess would be they'd run the gun, maybe trace it (assuming BATFE would bother to trace it, not sure if a "gun found in a yard" qualifies as LE criteria to have them run a trace on it) and then release it to the "LTC holder person who found it" if it was "clean".

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom