• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Son, 22, of prominent South Carolina legal family found murdered with his mom, 52, was 'targeted' - Murdaugh Trial

Reptile

NES Member

Son, 22, of prominent South Carolina legal family found murdered with his mom, 52, was 'targeted' say police and was killed days after a court hearing for 2019 'drunk' boating death of girl, 19​

• Margaret, 52, and Paul Murdaugh, 22, were found dead, shot multiple times, in the backyard of their sprawling estate in Islandton, South Carolina, Monday
  • They were found by husband and father Richard Alex; their deaths have been ruled a double murder
  • Police have released no motive, no suspects and no information five days on
  • They have insisted there is no danger to the public
  • Sources said Paul was the likely target and his mother was collateral damage
  • Paul was shot in the head and upper body with a shotgun, while Margaret was shot with an assault rifle, they said, with their bodies found several yards apart
  • Paul had been awaiting trial on charges relating to the 2019 boating death of 19-year-old Mallory Beach, who was thrown from the boat Paul was driving
  • The Murdaugh family has ruled the county's legal system for decades
  • Three days after Monday's double murder, Richard Murdaugh III - Paul's grandfather and Margaret's father-in-law - died aged 81 from an illness
The heir to a legal dynasty awaiting trial over the death of a 19 year-old girl was the intended target of a shooting that also killed his mom, police sources say.

Paul Murdaugh, 22, and his mom Margaret, 52, were found shot dead multiple times at their hunting lodge in Islandton, South Carolina at 10pm on Monday, with a law enforcement source since claiming that Paul was the intended victim.

The source told The Island Packet that Margaret was likely killed just for being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

This story has some intrigue.

Last edited:
Reminds me of The Kennedy family with a different ending

definitely reminds me of them too. They’re also gingers like many Kennedy’s but much better teeth than the Kennedy’s

Seems like a hit but reading up on the beach family, they don’t seem like they’d be the type to do it. Wouldn’t be surprised in the 22 yer old was into drugs and screwed or ticked off the wrong people or the 22 yr olds father or family member offed them.

you’d think there were security cameras on the property but it’s a rural section of SC

Hmmm. Those seem to incongruous statements. "We have no idea what is going on, but you're all safe." Or not!
And when a report says "didn't release body cam footage" that doesn't mean they don't have any. There is a huge difference between "didn't release" and "don't know". If I thought John Doe comitted a murder I'm not going to tell the press that I think he did it. Just to give him a heads up that it is time to GTFO of dodge.

Murdaughs are the local version of the Kennedy clan?
I'm going with the young ladies family paid for the hit and no matter what the evidence is, no jury will convict. Locals never like families that think they own the town. (The Kennedys are not well liked in Hyannis.)

anyone following this guy's trial?? really interesting, he's on the stand testifying now...CNN is updating by the minute.
wife took five 300Blackout rounds, including two to the back of the head. Son took two 12ga hits, one chest, one upper head, which basically blew his brains out.
Father on trial, is also under indictment for stealing millions from his law partners...he's disbarred by SC Supreme court and has 99 pending charges.
Also an opioid addict. Housekeeper died in a fall at the house 3 yrs ago.....after she questioned the father ona bag of pills she found.

anyone following this guy's trial?? really interesting, he's on the stand testifying now...CNN is updating by the minute.
wife took five 300Blackout rounds, including two to the back of the head. Son took two 12ga hits, one chest, one upper head, which basically blew his brains out.
Father on trial, is also under indictment for stealing millions from his law partners...he's disbarred by SC Supreme court and has 99 pending charges.
Also an opioid addict. Housekeeper died in a fall at the house 3 yrs ago.....after she questioned the father ona bag of pills she found.
Been meaning to watch the Netflix documentry series on this. Just came on line this week.

Murdaughs are the local version of the Kennedy clan?
I'm going with the young ladies family paid for the hit and no matter what the evidence is, no jury will convict. Locals never like families that think they own the town. (The Kennedys are not well liked in Hyannis.)
the girl's family was suing the kid and father for the death. Dad owned the boat, kid was drunk. lawsuit was supposed to have a financial hearing, but the mother & son were murdered three days before the hearing. Lawsuit postponed......At the hearing the father would have had to disclose all his financial records, which would have shown that he was embezzeling from his law firm for years.

Last edited:
The trial has been all over the news, Daddy's still on the stand.
Surviving son was in front row giving the finger to jurors a few weeks ago and Judge had him moved back. Quite the family and story, drugs, stealing client funds, murder.

The prosecutor seems to be getting so irritated during the cross-exam he might blow it haha...Murdaugh might be a scumbag but he's smooth, and quite a performer.

The prosecutor seems to be getting so irritated during the cross-exam he might blow it haha...Murdaugh might be a scumbag but he's smooth, and quite a performer.
Must have gotten better. I'm not following the case, but I caught the "did you lie" and "why did you lie" part of his lawyer's direct. Just a few minutes. I hardly know a damned thing about the case, and I came away from just that thinking the dude is still lying his ass off.

Was wondering what this crap all over Fox News was about.
Based on NES evidence above, sounds like the guy is guilty as F.
2 different guns? Sounds like he hired hitmen.
Way to destroy your life and family Mr Rich and powerful lawyer guy.

the girl's family was suing the kid and father for the death. Dad owned the boat, kid was drunk. lawsuit was supposed to have a financial hearing, but the mother & son were murdered three days before the hearing. Lawsuit postponed......At the hearing the father would have had to disclose all his financial records, which would have shown that he was embezzeling from his law firm for years.

Just finished the Netflix documentary on the case. Alex was a real POS. There may yet be another murder charge against one of the surviving sons for the 2015 case. One was a closeted gay, apparently. He, along with a couple other boys beat his boy pal to death in 2015.

Back
Top Bottom