• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Something went bump in the night...and I learned some very important lessons.

and as for the defender- Cmbteng remember he is .mil trained to clear houses (and good at it)

I'm sure he is, but I highly doubt his training suggests doing it alone.

Tying this in to Jim's other recent post: Against Todd, you're screwed; Against Dodd, you're probably right.

Chris
i am surely not going into a house that is most certainly boobie trapped with just an Airsoft. He is probably going to rent a couple of attack trained German Sheperds just for the week. I guess that i had better bring along my Hush puppy.

Jar You can have the ticket concession but we get 60% of the gate

[rofl] i don't need any attack dogs, they just get in the way. boobie traps hell yea if i kno your comin im most cetaintly gonna leave a surprise or two for ya, hope your up on your demo

but alas my parents never let me have any fun anymore:(

you willing to split the tickets with me to? haha that would be nice

Last edited:
[rofl] i don't need any attack dogs, they just get in the way. boobie traps hell yea if i kno your comin im most cetaintly gonna leave a surprise or two for ya, hope your up on your demo

but alas my parents never let me have any fun anymore:(

you willing to split the tickets with me to? haha that would be nice

[laugh]

Several of you have mentioned, searching your house after hearing a noise. My advice is "Do not do this"
If you are seriously concerned the first thing to do is call 911, get you gun, and hunker down to wait for either the BG or for the police to arrive.
The only conceivable reason to do a house search is if you hear one of the kids screaming. This not a search but rather a rescue situation.

I have done building searches alone and with the police and it is not a fun thing. To have any reasonable chance of success, you need at least three people to do this and you are alone. If there is a BG in the house, your chances are somewhere between slim and none.

I agree. Keep your family safe. A search is an invitation for litigation.

Even if the cops were 5 minutes away,

a) That is still too far away and

b) This is a matter of honor

I respect your opinion and bravery, but realistically you would be better off to guard your family rather than going after the BG, even in your own home. It sucks but it will save you a ton of legal trouble later on.

The only way this would be a meaningful experiment would be if the perp was to use the common reason for going into a strange house, to steal. I mean if you are going in as an assault team (trained as I assume you are) you will not be acting like 99 percent of the bad guys. And joe crook will have his hands full of whatever isn't bolted down.
+1

As many have alread said, a dog is great. Many people would think twice when there is a god in the house.

Actually realistically for us living out in the sticks with a part time PD, the times we have had to call 911 it takes over an hour to get anyone out here. So if I am going to sit and wait in a room for the police to arrive, you'll end up dead.
In a real world with the police not far away, living in the city, I am sure that is great.I am sure they can be there in no time at all.
Sorry I will defend myself, my home, my family. I'll call 911,but you don't hold your breath around here as to if and when they will show up.

A search is an invitation for litigation.

I respect your opinion and bravery, but realistically you would be better off to guard your family rather than going after the BG, even in your own home. It sucks but it will save you a ton of legal trouble later on.

The legal climate here is far different than where you are. I am protected from torts if a shooting in my home is ruled lawful.

And in many other states the legal presumption exists than an intruder in your home is there to cause death or serious injury and that deadly force is pre-authorized.

I do not share your concerns.

The legal climate here is far different than where you are. I am protected from torts if a shooting in my home is ruled lawful.

And in many other states the legal presumption exists than an intruder in your home is there to cause death or serious injury and that deadly force is pre-authorized.

I do not share your concerns.

Good points. +1 Rep for Jose

This discussion of the legal aspects is just plain wrong. First you have to survive and then you deal with the legal concerns. If you are more afraid about the legal consequences of a justified shooting, there are only two things to do. First get rid of any firearms that you may own and second hope and pray the the nice burglar does not hurt you too much or kill you.

This discussion of the legal aspects is just plain wrong. First you have to survive and then you deal with the legal concerns.
THANK YOU, Jim!!

I've been saying for a while that all the doom & gloomers on this board are doing folks a terrible disservice by making them afraid to defend their lives. +1 rep for Jim.

Legal

Ross
Thank you for your kind comment.
BTW, how did you enjoy the class last weekend?
Since I have watched Ken a number of times, I think that he is one of the great NRA instructors. Neshooters was very lucky to have him with us.

Back
Top Bottom