• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Something that everyone should read

JimConway

Instructor
I know that this little book has been mentioned before, but I am going to do it again. This morning, before work, I read Jeff Cooper's "Principles of Personal Defense", published by Paladin Press in 1989. I usually read this book every month or so and enjoy it every single time. The book is very short at only 44 pages, but Jeff's pithy style of writing gets his point across.

For those unfortunate souls that do do have the book, I will list the seven Princilples
Alertness
Decisiveness
Agressiveness
Speed
Coolness
Ruthlessness, and
Speed

More for your reading list

I just finished reading Green Eyes & Black Rifles: by Kyle E Lamb, a Special Forces guy with 5 years in Iraq. The book gives step by step instructions and photos for just about everything that a tactical shooter would need.
This book has only been out for a few months and is a real joy.

I also suggest that you read "The Book of Two Guns", by Tiger McKee of Shootrite Firearms Academy. This book covers both handguns (1911) and ARs. What the book realy is is a set of organized notes that Tiger took in the many classes that he has attended. Tiger has taught me a lot just from reading these notes.

Back
Top Bottom