Something tells me his zero was high

I though maybe he was going for the rabbit at first. Then took the 2nd shot and didn't correct their error. They didn't deserve it.

After that first shot that buck had 0 F's given.... until the second shot where he figured out what the hell was going on.

Probably not much usable meat left on the rabbit after that hit...

I would have thought the shooter would have corrected after the first shot. Either with scope settings, or by just adjusting the aim to make sure it hit the deer.

lol.
How did that buck not scatter after the first shot???
Sometimes they don't! I shanked a 30 yard shot on a buck with my muzzle loader years ago. Total whiff. That buck just twitched took two jumps and halted.......went back to eating acorns. Actually gave me time to reload while was behind cover. Second shot didn't miss.

Sometimes they don't! I shanked a 30 yard shot on a buck with my muzzle loader years ago. Total whiff. That buck just twitched took two jumps and halted.......went back to eating acorns. Actually gave me time to reload while was behind cover. Second shot didn't miss.

It is funny how they do that sometimes. That's why those big bucks are so hard to kill. All the dumb ones get taken out.:p

Bob

It's not uncommon for a deer to freeze on a shot, especially when it's at some distance. At range, the deer hears the bullet as it is going faster than sound and gives of a crack, then the sound of the rifle going off hits and the deer has two different sound directions to react to. They are also looking for movement. If they freeze long enough for a second shot, then, if able, normally just bound in any direction as fast as they can.

Who said he wasn't aiming the rabbit? That buck was like "something happens but i am hungry so i stay here"

That's gotta suck. That hunter probably went home that night and hung himself.
I would have assumed my zero was off after the first shot........and held a little to the right on the second shot. This nit wit fired 3 rounds and obviously didn't adjust his hold at all. Seeing that those three rounds impacted at the same spot I'd say his zero was definitely off!

Back
Top Bottom