• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Something Old

Patriot

NES Member
Turn of the century Springfield Armory/Colt .45 ACP Revolver - Not mine, unfortunately.
It's a modified US Army Model 1917. The lanyard ring and military grip ID band has been removed and the grip frame refinished.
The grips are original military grips. (The rounds are 45LC - Artistic License)

45_colt.jpg

Last edited:
I looked this up in the Standard Catalog of Firearms (2006) and it appears to be a US Army Model 1917. The description is "Smooth Walnut grips, 5.5" barrel, 45 ACP. Model designation stamped on butt". Serial Number Range 15000-301000.
Those rounds in the foreground don't look like 45, but you might have put them there for art's sake. If you want to PM me with any identifying numbers I'll see if I can further narrow this down.

Gary

Garys said:
I looked this up in the Standard Catalog of Firearms (2006) and it appears to be a US Army Model 1917. The description is "Smooth Walnut grips, 5.5" barrel, 45 ACP. Model designation stamped on butt". Serial Number Range 15000-301000.
Those rounds in the foreground don't look like 45, but you might have put them there for art's sake. If you want to PM me with any identifying numbers I'll see if I can further narrow this down.

Gary

The rounds are .45 LC. It was artistic license 8<). My .45 ACP was buried and
I didn't fell like emptying out the storage box for some.

TBP

Back
Top Bottom