Something interesting happened today

center442

NES Member
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
The point of my post...Was it out of line to make this offer to someone facing a life-altering disease?
Absolutely not. You offered to pay for something that you knew he enjoyed doing.

Was this "person" who called me out totally messed up in their "logic"?
There was no "logic." That person was an intrusive asshat who obviously never learned to mind his own business.

Would you do something similar in my place?
Yes. That was a very nice thing to do.

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
OP, when this young man gets his license, I'd be happy to take him to Harvard to try out my guns, ammo included. Cancer is a b!tch and strikes close to home.

As for your new bar friend... I probably would've gone off on the bastard using my entire Russian profanity vocabulary [laugh]

jtnf

NES Member
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Full and proper reaction:
1) Put on your best paternalistic expression and tone of voice.
2) Recite the following: "It must be so sad, for you, to live in a world without trust. Trust in the responsibility of others is what rises us above the animals. Trust another to raise their children to be socially responsible, trust somebody to not endanger themselves or others, heck... I trust my very life with this young man and anybody else who happens to be at the firing range on any given day. How DO YOU get by, being so afraid and mistrustful of your fellow man?"
3) Profit.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I was retelling this story to someone at the bar and someone overheard us and lashed out at me telling me I was doing this young man no favors by exposing him to "death machines" "Lead poisoning apparatus" and "Suicide automators" That it was a sad state of affairs that "the only thing this young man had to look forward to was the means to kill his fellow man" especially since we were all "white" and by training another young "white man" how to shoot, we were undermining "Black Lives Matter" since he would probably shoot a "Brown person" given the opportunity. (Mind you, the person saying this to me was about as white as they come)

The point of my post...Was it out of line to make this offer to someone facing a life-altering disease? Was this "person" who called me out totally messed up in their "logic"? Would you do something similar in my place?

I would love to get the NES take on this.

Thanks!
Not out of line, was a great offer from you. And speaking as a 'Brown Person' That guy is full of S**T, partdon my asterisks. I'm not worried that the kid will shoot me. Especially since I don't plan on robbing his house, assaulting him or someone he loves, etc....

Darksideblues42

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I actually heard from my young friend today.

Chemo is all done, they think they got everything but are sending him through a couple cycles of daily radiation treatment just to be sure.

Spirits are high, he is still blown away that so many people care so much about "little old him" he really is a great kid.

hminsky

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
What I take away from this thread is #1 consideration is its own reward, #2 do not grow a beard, you never know what's growing under it.

toekneepea

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should of told the guy to go choke on Hillary's cock
I probably would have told him to go F* himself.

BTW, thanks for the silipints - my kids took the glow-in-the-dark's to bed with them to see how long they lasted.

Tony

slap shot

NES Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Drunks like to hang around in bars, i'm guessing you ran into one...the assclown wasn't worth the effort.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wow, just seeing this post- you did an incredibly kind and generous act!

The SFB at the bar was just an imbecile..wouldn't give his commentary the time of day. [frown]

With early detection and proper treatment, the odds are in this young gentleman's favor for remission and (fingers crossed) eventual cure. I will surely pray for him...heck of an obstacle thrown to what sounds like a very positive hard working young man.

It is so nice that you gave him something he can look forward to once he is well enough to Tackle the task. What you did was great- high fives coming at you! [grin] God bless you both!

Darksideblues42

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Just figured I would toss out an update.

My friend and I were chatting last night and this morning. I mentioned how many of the folks here, people he had likely never met, were all thinking of him, and he was dumbfounded. Even more so when I mentioned that some of these folks wanted to shoot with him when he was able, AND some even offered to chip in for his first firearm purchase (after I give him my old but lovable Remington 522 as his first gun) He was just amazed that strangers could come together for someone they did not know in so many ways.

Him
Ya I'm good holding up great keeping busy working almost done with everything treatment wise and that would be great but you and all those guys don't have to do any of that it's greatly appreciated
My reply to him
We are a good group of people and when a great young man like you wants to get in to shooting, we want to help. The BS fees and hoops to jump through that the state expects should not affect your rights, and I know that the cost was a big deal at the time, so here we are. Good firearm owners are like a brotherhood, and we want you as one of us my friend.
His reply

Well thank you all I am really speechless, dumbfounded really....this makes my day!

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Just figured I would toss out an update.

My friend and I were chatting last night and this morning. I mentioned how many of the folks here, people he had likely never met, were all thinking of him, and he was dumbfounded. Even more so when I mentioned that some of these folks wanted to shoot with him when he was able, AND some even offered to chip in for his first firearm purchase (after I give him my old but lovable Remington 522 as his first gun) He was just amazed that strangers could come together for someone they did not know in so many ways.

Him

My reply to him

His reply
+1 to you for giving him a firearm. His responses make it apparent that he is a well-adjusted young man that is very humble. I wish him the best for his health and a very long life.

Darksideblues42

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
HUGE UPDATE:

Saw my friend this weekend, he has a clean bill of health and aside from some skin pigment issues (looks like a cross between a grimy unwashed neck and recovering from a burn) he is feeling just awesome!

Thanks for all the well wishes.

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Glad to hear.

The shooting community has honestly been one of the friendliest I've ever come across... well, aside from some of you NES weirdos [laugh]

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
OP, you did the right thing. Glad he will be fine. Now it will be your fault when he goes broke from buying so many guns [smile].

"Suicide Automator" - I'm stealing that one. Sounds like something I would hear in The Terminator movies.

Top Bottom