• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Something BIG is happening in Mass

I never claimed that they were worth having , they surely haven't done a damn thing for any of us workers.
You workers aren’t entitled to anything except getting paid for working. If you don’t like the pay or bennys, GTFO and get another job. Don’t be a commie unionist!

Get out of the Union, you created your own problem. Unions are scum.
Unions have a place. It all comes down to the dirty politicians. They don't need to keep making deals with the unions. Lynch is a perfect example. That a**h*** can't keep his nose out of union affairs, like he's a champion of the working unions. BS. He's getting a kickback. I'd rather he concentrate on the budget, I laughed as I typed that.

Maybe the state will finally pony up and pay my coworkers and myself the raises that they owe us from 2020. I've been making noise and emailing my union president weekly about this from the time that we didn't receive our first raise of 2020. Of course I always get the same bullshit response that the state isn't paying up at the moment , and that they aren't willing to talk finances until they receive help from the Feds. So I continue to email my union and let them know that the state received a huge portion of money in 2020 and only spent half of it , it's public record and anyone with a little effort can find the info. I also continue to ask my union why my dues are being used to be shills for the Democratic party that is ruining this country. I am also very aware that unions have always pandered for the Dems , and I have never been a fan of unions , but this is the job that I choose to take about 7yrs ago.
Your Union doesn’t care about you. Maybe when they started a century ago they were doing some good but they have been sh*t for at least 2 decades. Not advising you to leave just recognize it for what it is. They want to hear from you less than your insurance adjuster after a water damage claim.

This covid/stimlus shit is retarded...I was all upset about it yesterday.
I’m sure I’d be in great shape if I just committed fraud like everybody else around here....But I’m not gonna do that.

The closest thing they have anything go in my favor is possibly refinancing my house maybe have it paid off faster...Too bad I can’t just sell right now

Unions are one of those things that have been equally bad as good. I can see both sides. However my opinion has and always will be that most of the LE corruption has been allowed by them.

You workers aren’t entitled to anything except getting paid for working. If you don’t like the pay or bennys, GTFO and get another job. Don’t be a commie unionist!
You are obviously too thick headed to comprehend the post...... Our contract stipulates when and how much our raises are for the year , and WE HAVEN'T GOTTEN THEM. We are most certainly entitled to getting our f#&king raises.

Your Union doesn’t care about you. Maybe when they started a century ago they were doing some good but they have been sh*t for at least 2 decades. Not advising you to leave just recognize it for what it is. They want to hear from you less than your insurance adjuster after a water damage claim.
I agree , and I did state in my intial post that I wasn't ever a fan of unions.

Holy money printing machine.
I have a sneaking suspicion my hard-earned savings is going to be next to worthless in the near future with the rise of inflation.
Will take wheelbarrows full of cash to buy a loaf of bread in the not-too-distant future.

What are you talking about? Inflation is 1.4%. The government predicts it might go to 2% but that’ll be temporary.

Which is fortunate. Imagine if the government had to pay 5% on its debt? Or raise SS payments 5% a year! Dodged a bullet there!

What are you talking about? Inflation is 1.4%. The government predicts it might go to 2% but that’ll be temporary.

Which is fortunate. Imagine if the government had to pay 5% on its debt? Or raise SS payments 5% a year! Dodged a bullet there!
Inflation has been artificially suppressed since Obama took office. Low or no fed interest rate for years now. When inflation comes and is noticeable, it will not be 1 or 2 % it will skyrocket. And the trillion dollars they have printed and handed out is actually worth about 80% of what it was even last year. Our money is losing value and i believe it will continue to do so at an accelerating rate.

Maybe they can put it towards cleaning up the garbage along the highway. 495 didn't used to look that bad did it?

You are obviously too thick headed to comprehend the post...... Our contract stipulates when and how much our raises are for the year , and WE HAVEN'T GOTTEN THEM. We are most certainly entitled to getting our f#&king raises.

Gimme gimme gimme. Public union Pigs are the best. You realize that the people who pay for you haven't seen raises in forever, and are just lucky if they still have a job. You want more money? Go provide a valuable service or a skilled trade.

Maybe your raise should be based on merit and not schedule.

They should use it to do work on the Sagamore and Bourne bridges during the day for the next few summers.
Traffic report had some bridge with lane closures. 😂
Shovel ready might be repaving I-95 and 495 have some rough sections.
Teachers are screaming for new HVAC in old buildings cause Covid.
MBTA has major shortfalls yet no layoffs.
What prevented our MDOT workers from picking up the trash covered roadsides during Covid? There is trash everywhere and they all seem to have their own pickup truck.

I could keep going.
I see I was late in my roadside observations. 495 was an absolute shithole around the Lawrence stretch on Thursday but it’s bad everywhere.

Just get the convicts off the stair master and make them do it.
While we pay for the DOT guys to drink coffee and play cards????
That’s a big fat NO!! These guys can’t even cut minor sized roadside brush back and pickup tire carcasses. I’ve seen the same road gators in the gutter for over a week on the northern end of Rt 3. WTF are they doing all day??

It's the bailout of all the state and local governments that was in the stimulus.

Shhh. I liked it better when it was some covert Biden scheme to bring those crazy nazi-dressed guys from David's dreams in American Werewolf in London.

That was my first thought.

Yeah. I saw a YT ad yesterday that said that as a self-employed individual, I could get a PPP loan for myself. ????? Ummmm, we may have over PPPlyaed the PPP loans if anyone and everyone is getting in on it. It was designed to keep paying people who were laid off, not provide some extra income on Uncle's (my) dime.

While I took a minor hit in April and June, I "survived" 2020 and 2021 should be my best year in business ever. Pretty sure I don't need any PPP.

Step 1: Own a business.
Step 2: Identify as a Black or Hispanic transgender female gay/bi person.
Step 3:
biz-niz-man-make-it-rain-meme-696x332.jpg

Alternative route:
1. Don't be you
2. Be someone else
My Son is part Native American, I wonder if he can get in on this. Lol. Paul

Gimme gimme gimme. Public union Pigs are the best. You realize that the people who pay for you haven't seen raises in forever, and are just lucky if they still have a job. You want more money? Go provide a valuable service or a skilled trade.

Maybe your raise should be based on merit and not schedule.
I worked as a skilled trade worker for the majority of my life , I don't need to be told about work by any of you. The contract states raises twice a year , it's plain and simple , nobody is looking for a f#$king handout , I work for my $$ , and I probably work more hours than the majority of people on here!

I worked as a skilled trade worker for the majority of my life , I don't need to be told about work by any of you. The contract states raises twice a year , it's plain and simple , nobody is looking for a f#$king handout , I work for my $$ , and I probably work more hours than the majority of people on here!
Don't know why your getting all the hate.
If people don't like the contract you got, they should be pissed at the politicians that agree to them.
You have it in there two raises, you should get them.
People get all pissed at cops, firefighters, and teachers for their contracts... they have union reps and lawyers write up the contract with all kinds of crap in them. It's the towns/cities that agree to them. Don't like it, run for office and vote them down when they come up for renewal.
What I don't agree with is when cops/firefighters/teachers try to hold towns hostage by work stoppage/strike.
I wish I got guaranteed raises in the private sector. Only time I get mad is when a lazy ass kisser gets a raise or promotion... not just over me, but over other people that would deserve it and probably do a better job.

Back
Top Bottom