• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Something BIG is happening in Mass

Something BIG is happening in Mass. I'm part of local gov't and I keep my ears to the tracks. Mass has received an injection of funds from the Feds. They're referring to it as "Rapid Recovery Communities". It's related to COVID. It's going to impact all communities in Mass:

Rapid Recovery Communities

It sounds innocuous on the surface level, but there is too much money and energy behind this thing for it to be innocent. There are dates of rollout for it. I'm not sure what it is exactly, but the state gov't thinks it's important for a reason.

I gave it a quick read.
So they drove long standing and even new up and coming business to the brink or out of business altogther.
Now they will use fed funds to inject into areas they destroyed, but not to fix and make whole what they destroyed, but instead to filter out to their preferred recipients and political allies.

How do I get a chunk of it.

How much money are we talking about? If it's a few billion dollars the state can make that disappear pretty quick. They're probably going to be short at least sat in their budget this coming year

My wife is a teacher, and today the superintendent of her district announced that they are hiring a bunch more “support staff” because of stimulus money they received.
Don't worry the support staff will be administrators that don't actually do anything of value or help children learn effectively. Just jobs for people they like or look good on paper.

Step 1: Own a business.
Step 2: Identify as a Black or Hispanic transgender female gay/bi person.
Step 3:
biz-niz-man-make-it-rain-meme-696x332.jpg

Alternative route:
1. Don't be you
2. Be someone else

The game here will be to hire relatives or put ghost employees on the payroll. Or both. Hypothetically.
Then complain about 'cuts' when the money is blown.

Mind you this money allegedly was for cleaning (CDC now says HA!) and HVAC/filtering/UV sanitation upgrades. Will never get into even crony construction work. It will evaporate into faculty and administration patronage or professional development scams

Holy money printing machine.
I have a sneaking suspicion my hard-earned savings is going to be next to worthless in the near future with the rise of inflation.
Will take wheelbarrows full of cash to buy a loaf of bread in the not-too-distant future.
Might be a good time to invest in a bread machine, no?

Pet projects. Let the waste, I mean games begin on who can spend it the fastest.
Here in town they spent over 100K on a big beautiful tent for testing and shots that was never used.

Hold their beer as you ain’t seen nothing yet.

Pet projects. Let the waste, I mean games begin on who can spend it the fastest.
Here in town they spent over 100K on a big beautiful tent for testing and shots that was never used.

Hold their beer as you ain’t seen nothing yet.
Lemme know when that tent goes up for auction!!

Now they will use fed funds to inject into areas they destroyed, but not to fix and make whole what they destroyed, but instead to filter out to their preferred recipients and political allies.

This comment is more deep than it appears at first.

Indeed, the new goal (fuzzily articulated via the 'reset') does seem to be a soft takeover of the economy. The plebs must owe their job or revenue to the "Party" (left, but also the right who engage in politics like running a private business), individually or en masse, or else the market under which you operate must be controlled by the Party via various regulatory capture (so they can muscle their people into your revenue stream regardless of merit, c.f. unions and diversity mandates), or else you won't be allowed to have anything. In the end, the Party is the one that clothes you, houses you, gives you a job, gives you money, gives you transportation. You owe your life to the party, and the party can take your life, liberty, and property for almost any reason.

Actual individuals (rather than those who are merely engaged in the performance art of activism or gender), small independent business - or those very few larger ones that stand athwart their toddler-like tantrums and do not 'play along' with their acting out - are the enemy to the Party, and will be made to suffer at each turn. Every member of the left is now free to use all powers they have been given to their own ends, i.e. DAs making charge or don't charge decisions for what's best for the left, left-leaning (or "playing along") police will continue to act as the tyrant['s arm, and all the various Karens and male-Karen are what the French called petit tyrrans - little tyrants, and will continue taking extreme, toddler-like pleasure in their temper tantrums if you refuse to witness their show, and to be their slave.

Maybe the state will finally pony up and pay my coworkers and myself the raises that they owe us from 2020. I've been making noise and emailing my union president weekly about this from the time that we didn't receive our first raise of 2020. Of course I always get the same bullshit response that the state isn't paying up at the moment , and that they aren't willing to talk finances until they receive help from the Feds. So I continue to email my union and let them know that the state received a huge portion of money in 2020 and only spent half of it , it's public record and anyone with a little effort can find the info. I also continue to ask my union why my dues are being used to be shills for the Democratic party that is ruining this country. I am also very aware that unions have always pandered for the Dems , and I have never been a fan of unions , but this is the job that I choose to take about 7yrs ago.

I gave it a quick read.
So they drove long standing and even new up and coming business to the brink or out of business altogther.

Become a black gayboy Antifa, with social Justice snot running down your face.

Maybe the state will finally pony up and pay my coworkers and myself the raises that they owe us from 2020. I've been making noise and emailing my union president weekly about this from the time that we didn't receive our first raise of 2020. Of course I always get the same bullshit response that the state isn't paying up at the moment , and that they aren't willing to talk finances until they receive help from the Feds. So I continue to email my union and let them know that the state received a huge portion of money in 2020 and only spent half of it , it's public record and anyone with a little effort can find the info. I also continue to ask my union why my dues are being used to be shills for the Democratic party that is ruining this country. I am also very aware that unions have always pandered for the Dems , and I have never been a fan of unions , but this is the job that I choose to take about 7yrs ago.
Get out of the Union, you created your own problem. Unions are scum.

Public Employee Unions aren't real Unions. They are scam organizations designed to fleece taxpayers of their hard earned money while they themselves take salary and benefits they could never get in the private sector.

Public Employee Unions aren't real Unions. They are scam organizations designed to fleece taxpayers of their hard earned money while they themselves take salary and benefits they could never get in the private sector.
I never claimed that they were worth having , they surely haven't done a damn thing for any of us workers.

Back
Top Bottom