Something amazing happened to my son the other day

Evadd

NES Member
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
This is me and my boy.
me and Squiggles.jpg

That kid is my world.

Last week, my wife, son, and my mother were at Toys-R-Us looking for presents for my nephews (I wasn't there). My son, who's 20 months old, walked up to a shopping cart and was thrilled by a giant stuffed bear that was in it. My wife moved him along, since it wasn't his cart. A short time later, a 12-year-old boy named Michael from Shrewsbury comes up to my wife and presents my son with that same bear. At first, she tried to refuse it, but both the boy and his mother insisted. They explained he had been saving up his money for the specific purpose of wanting to buy something nice for someone else for no reason other than to spread some good cheer. My wife was shocked. Aside from managing to stutter "thank you" and giving him a hug, she didn't know what to say or do. They all took a photo together.

Here are my wife, my son, Michael, my mother, and the bear. You can easily see how absolutely happy my son is.
1486650_10152905447118497_3710448200658473767_n.jpg

Every time we show him the bear, he laughs and runs up to it, throwing his arms around it in a big hug.

My wife emailed a local news station with the story, but I'm sure it won't air. They're too busy covering stuff that's shocking, rather than stuff that matters.

Michael from Shrewsbury, even though you'll never see this, I hope you know we will never get rid of your gift. It'll be with us always. I also hope you know that you created an unforgettable memory for all of us.
The bear was not cheap. I don't know how long it takes a 12-year-old to save that much, but it can't be easy. To try to pass it on, I'm karma'ing away $100 to a family in need:
http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...100-to-a-family-in-need?p=4257848#post4257848

Happy holidays, everyone. There are some great kids in the coming generation.

By the way, in the off chance that Michael is the son of someone on this forum, please post up or PM me. I'd like to buy you a beer for raising such a great kid.

PS - anyone asking for naked pics of my wife will be negged. [wink]

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm not ashamed to say that I probably would have teared up if I was there. I have such a soft spot for for good kids who were brought up right. Amazing.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Great to see something good for a change. It seems like everything now is always geared towards the negative.
Merry Christmas.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Damnit, missed the last few lines of the OP - dog kicked up something that got stuck in my eyes...

lel

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Priceless! What a great story. One of the most important things to instill in children are values. Happy holidays.

Top Bottom