Somerville votes to lower voting age to 16

Awesome! The school day will start at 10:30... homework will be non existent. The school cafeteria's will all get taco bars and the curriculum will soon include courses on hot wiring cars, and identity theft

How about a 16-year old School Committeeman...?

Say what you want about the young, but when they unify, we're 'effed...

All joking aside, this isn't about 16-17 year olds being "young citizen-statesmen" or whatever.

It's about getting those names on the rolls, so Donk shenanigans can prevail with them. And it absolutely will spill over into federal and state elections, despite any assurances to the contrary.

If they are old enough to vote they can now have sex with their teachers. All legal right!

The politicians think this is fine. It will eventually come back to haunt them. Wait til some loon is running for say school committee. The children will turn out in droves. Can't imagine what the "issue" will be.

"It's a recognition these students are engaged & active citizens, with the biggest possible stake in our collective future,"inexperienced with taxation and therefore likely to vote for overrides, and also in all probability democrats since they have not yet had to fend for themselves." Curtatone tweeted Friday.
FIFY

Last edited:
The are so mature they deserve to vote at 16.

They are so immature they should not own guns till over 21.

The ulterior motives behind this are obvious.

Sixteen year olds are not politically savvy, nor do they have the civic education or maturity to understand the concepts of liberty as they are NOT even liberated as adults yet.

They are fully dependent on their parents or other adults for their support and general welfare with very few exceptions. They are largely irresponsible in their day to day life decisions and most usually concern themselves with very superficial, short term issues that tend to satisfy their immediate psychological and physical needs or desires.

A sixteen year old today thinks nothing like a sixteen year old of the past and is a "babe in the woods" with regard to political decisions that will effect their entire future life.

The unanimous decision by the Somerville city council proves two things beyond any reasonable doubt.....NOT ONE OF THEM IS FIT TO HOLD POLITICAL OFFICE IN A REPRESENTATIVE REPUBLIC AND SECONDLY THAT THEY ARE AS CRIMINALLY CORRUPT AS THE DAY IS LONG.

Isn't this constitutionally defined in Massachusetts? In Connecticut it is:

ARTICLE XXXI.

Article fourteenth of the amendments to the Constitution is amended to read as follows:

Any citizen who will have attained the age of eighteen years on or before the day of a regular election may apply for admission as an elector at such times and in such manner as may be prescribed by law, and, if qualified, shall become an elector on the day of his or her eighteenth birthday. Any citizen who has not yet attained the age of eighteen years but who will have attained the age of eighteen years on or before the day of a regular election, who is otherwise qualified to be an elector and who has applied for admission as an elector in such manner as may be prescribed by law, may vote in any primary election, in such manner as may be prescribed by law, held for such regular election.

Adopted November 26, 2008.

When the Mayor says ""We want to make local engagement and democratic participation lifelong habits for our student population." He really means that he knows that these 16 year old sheeple, who are being constantly brainwashed by the liberal/left school system, will be another treasure trove of DEMOCRAT VOTERS (just like the illegal aliens.) The democrats are constantly doing things to increase their voter base while the republican population will continue to be overwhelmed by their ever increasing numbers.

When the Mayor says ""We want to make local engagement and democratic participation lifelong habits for our student population." He really means that he knows that these 16 year old sheeple, who are being constantly brainwashed by the liberal/left school system, will be another treasure trove of DEMOCRAT VOTERS (just like the illegal aliens.) The democrats are constantly doing things to increase their voter base while the republican population will continue to be overwhelmed by their ever increasing numbers.
As I mentioned before, the tykes need not even bother voting. All the Donks need is their names on the list - their ballots will be conveniently harvested. And they'll get away with this because the kids are very unlikely to challenge it. (Most won't give a f*** about it at all, in fact.)

This way since 16 yr olds don’t have IDs yet they can flood more “fake residents” in. I can’t understand that in every other topic the Dems call these kids, just kids that need parents. Idiots.

Wonder if they will think this is a great idea when the only people on the city council are teachers.
Because, really who are 16 year old going to vote for? Probably the English teacher standing in front of them telling all the kids to “vote for me”.

Or when all of the students go all SJW and elect people solely based on being the “correct” make up to assemble a board based only on having “adequate representation”. And all of those long term office holder are booted out.

Be careful what you wish for!

I was thinking about this overnight. It will become a class project to teach voting rights as most polls are at schools already. No one will be pressured though. /sarc

If I were an adult living in Somerville, I'd be fuming that my vote could and likely would be cancelled out by some air headed high school child that is barely old enough to legally drive, cannot buy tobacco products, alcohol or guns or even sign a legal contract to buy a car or get a loan or rent an apartment.
You forgot to mention barely legal enough to give consent, and not even old enough to give consent to an adult (not saying they should be able to just pointing it out).

In Somerville, half of the 16 year olds are 7th graders.
The other half are dropouts in the making. ;)

As I mentioned before, the tykes need not even bother voting. All the Donks need is their names on the list - their ballots will be conveniently harvested. And they'll get away with this because the kids are very unlikely to challenge it. (Most won't give a f*** about it at all, in fact.)

Same reason why they want automatic voter registration and mail in ballots.

I was thinking about this overnight. It will become a class project to teach voting preferences as most polls are at schools already. No one will be pressured though.

FIFY [smile]

Jimmy: "Miss Jones?"
M. Jones: "Yes Jimmy?"

Jimmy: "Thank you for my voting enrollment form, but...?"
M. Jones: "What is it Jimmy?"

Jimmy: "It already has Democrat checked off..."

If I were an adult living in Somerville, I'd be fuming that my vote could and likely would be cancelled out by some air headed high school child that is barely old enough to legally drive, cannot buy tobacco products, alcohol or guns or even sign a legal contract to buy a car or get a loan or rent an apartment.

I think that you miss the point that the majority of Slummervillians will believe that their vote will be enhanced, not cancelled, as they apparently have voted in a city council that unanimously passed the measure.

Hell, if I ever stand for the board at my Club, I'll make sure that my kids make the Annual Meeting, to boost my vote count! [laugh]

Sure, vote at 16, covered under parents insurance until 26 and live at home till 35...

Do we really need kids that are maturing later and later in life, educated beyond their level of intelligence, voting at such a young age? It's like they cannot wait until the indoctrination is over before sending out the zombies...

I may volunteer to be shot to the moon...

I wish that "you'll find out later" was some sort of satisfactory recourse for obvious failure to see few years down the future, but in this political climate and voter's gold fish information retention, those politicians plan on either moving to a higher office of fight coming shitstorm with more insane legislation.

There is a reason why adults take time to educate youth. "You'll find out" simply is not a good approach. You want younger generation to learn from mistakes of others, i.e. to use the intellect and improve. This is whole reason why why have damned civilization, writing, communication. We have the ability to extend the wealth of intelligence beyond one person's life span. However, it seems that we have been degrading. The continuity is broken and we are on the downstroke into dark ages yet again.

I say convince the 16 year old kids to reduce the age to getting an LTC to 10 and work to get it put on the ballot. Then sit back and watch how many liberal politicians change their mind.

Welllllll....the Militia is all able-bodied men from 16 to 60, so as long as they have a trigger finger & 2 opposed teeth, they should be able to get married, buy & carry pistols, register for the draft, serve on a jury etc., etc.
- all or nothing - no cherry-picking Civil Rights

1st election, at least one crazy person is going to complain that the election isn't fair to the youths because they don't have proper means to get to the polling places, or permission to be out after dark.

Since politicians want to buy votes ...

I wonder...

Will education improve = more work for students.

Or will education get worse = less work for students?

Or, will sports and arts spending go through the roof?

It's all about overrides.

Direct referendum on taxation is dangerous when people who do not pay the tax get to decide if others will have their bills increased. Tell 16/17 year old kids about all the wonderful things coming to their school if they vote for the override, and those who pay the bill won't have a chance. This is the reason I am opposed to Sr Citizen tax breaks that are something other than a flat $$ discount. I want the seniors voting to face the same rate increase I do if the referendum passes. Exempt people have a way of spending other peoples money.

Somerville has the most virtue-signaling mayor ever. This is so typical of Curtatone. Check his Twitter feed if you need a spike in blood pressure.

Do not forget that Curtatone's sister, Maria Curtatone (Middlesex County registrar of deeds) held an underage drinking party at her home in Somerville last year where there was a stabbing:

REGISTRAR CURTATONE’S UNDERAGE SOMERVILLE DRINKING PARTY/ STABBING/ASSAULT ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY STILL NO ANSWERS

There is video evidence of the drinking from the teens' social media accounts. The incident is being "investigated" by Somerville PD, who report to...Joe Curtatone. I wonder why there's been no progress in the investigation?

Back
Top Bottom