• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Somerville under new state of emergancy!! - Racism

As far as tire changes go it also depends on the environment. You’re taking a significant risk standing on the side of the highway or busy main street to change someone’s tire who could otherwise wait a few extra minutes for a tow.

Imagine how pissed you would be if you got winged by some dumbass on their phone while you were changing someone’s tire.

And as previously stated everyone is sue crazy now.

I was on my way to a meeting in Boston from my home in CT. I came upon an older woman on 395 north. She had a flat tire.

I pulled up behind her, set my car up to block for me 200 ft behind me. and started to change her tire.

5 minutes later a CT trooper pulled up. i thanked him for arriving and asked if he could finish changing the tire. I was now running lte for a meeting.

He told me he isn't allowed to change a tire for someone, but that he'd happily call a tow truck.

I finished changing the tire for the lady and all 3 of us were on our way.

PROTECT AND SERVE. - The guy should have changed the tire. If there is a standing order in place prohibiting him from doing so, then why??

One of the reasons I support the PD in Arlington is that they GET IT. They understand they need to walk a fine line. They do a lot of stuff that cops wouldn't normally do. Including acting as effetively social workers with troubled youth.

Oh. And they are allowed to change tires for people. This is a good cop. Who GETS IT. View attachment 362345

It's been a LOONG time, but I believe it's a workers comp thing. They won't do anything on the road. Ever see one sitting in his (or her) cruiser behind some piece of debris??? Not moving said debris, but sitting with lights-ablazin waiting for DPW to come and pick up whatever it is??? Same reason.

somerville has been referred to as another cambridge for many years now. as the old timers die off or retire out, the bodies are replaced with current liberal harvard students or grads that want to stay close. 25 years ago you could see the tide change just by watching the many local bar rooms turn over to cutesy brew pubs with 75 different kinds of hamburgers and designer beer or ethnic restaurants other than italian. it's lost for good.
There's more hamburger choices the cheese and bacon?

And more beer choices the budweiser?

I was on my way to a meeting in Boston from my home in CT. I came upon an older woman on 395 north. She had a flat tire.

I pulled up behind her, set my car up to block for me 200 ft behind me. and started to change her tire.

5 minutes later a CT trooper pulled up. i thanked him for arriving and asked if he could finish changing the tire. I was now running lte for a meeting.

He told me he isn't allowed to change a tire for someone, but that he'd happily call a tow truck.

I finished changing the tire for the lady and all 3 of us were on our way.

PROTECT AND SERVE. - The guy should have changed the tire. If there is a standing order in place prohibiting him from doing so, then why??

One of the reasons I support the PD in Arlington is that they GET IT. They understand they need to walk a fine line. They do a lot of stuff that cops wouldn't normally do. Including acting as effetively social workers with troubled youth.

Oh. And they are allowed to change tires for people. This is a good cop. Who GETS IT. View attachment 362345
All well and good but the Fatty watching in the picture could use a little bending over to get ride of that gut.... Just sayin.

All well and good but the Fatty watching in the picture could use a little bending over to get ride of that gut.... Just sayin.

Agreed. That pic is just weird to look at. That guy shouldn't just be standing there watching another guy change a tire for him. Even if he never changed a tire in his life, he could have learned something that day. I would give him a pass if he had some kind of health condition preventing him from certain manual tasks though.

Wasn't Somerville Whitey Bulger's home stomping grounds? Somewhere I have a Winter Hill Ice Pick. Found it in the basement when I bought this place. For years I was convinced one of my tenants was actually Whitey, but then Whitey turned up.

Whitey was out of Southie. Buddy McLean ran the Winter Hill gang.

Is there anything more oppressive and ripe for racial abuse and discrimination than the MA firearm licensing laws? Are we missing a golden opportunity to piggyback off of this momentum?

Is there anything more oppressive and ripe for racial abuse and discrimination than the MA firearm licensing laws? Are we missing a golden opportunity to piggyback off of this momentum?

Only cops should have guns and decides who has guns is about to run into the cops are racist. The response is going to be that "no one should have guns including the police to be more like Europe". Never mind the only unarmed police left in Europe are in the UK, which is increasingly moving to armed police due to their unarmed officers proving to be useless.

Discretionary licensing is inherently racist since most MA COPs and licensing officers are white (and therefore racist). Dump discretionary licensing and stop the evil cops' ability to discriminate.

Good luck with all of that. It's like liberal elected officials telling us we can't vote because of tehCorona but we can protest 24/7 despite tehCorona.

Somerville Mayor Joe Curtatone is easily the poster child for left wing virtue signaling politicians. Perhaps the Somerville PD should focus their efforts more on the investigation of the multiple stabbings and underage drinking that occurred at a party at his sister's (Maria Curtatone, Middlesex County Registrar of Deeds) house on Prospect Hill a couple years back. With the direct video and photographic evidence posted by teenagers on social media of an open bar serving high school students in her living room, you'd think there'd be some progress on this investigation.

Oh, wait a sec, doesn't the SPD report directly to the mayor? Hmm...I wonder why there's been no progress at all. Meanwhile, Joke Curtatone continues to make the business environment of the town hell while rent prices shoot through the roof.

Back
Top Bottom