• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Somerville under new state of emergancy!! - Racism

CBS News 4 June 1, 2021: Somerville Police Chief reports unable to hire replacement police officers for department since city left civil service and those officers left are disappointed with the air soft Sig P320 weapons they are issued. Current staffing of Somerville police as of June 1 2021... One chief, one LT and 4 police officers 3 of which retire July 1st.

That civilian oversight committee and special prosecutor doesn't sound so bad. Turning the whole department into 21 jump street does though.

CBS News 4 June 1, 2021: Somerville Police Chief reports unable to hire replacement police officers for department since city left civil service and those officers left are disappointed with the air soft Sig P320 weapons they are issued. Current staffing of Somerville police as of June 1 2021... One chief, one LT and 4 police officers 3 of which retire July 1st.
Wait, police are getting airsoft guns? No wonder they feel out gunned.

He's a moron who loves getting his name in the papers. BUT! Silver lining:

Curtatone said Somerville will withdraw from a Department of Defense program that provides military weapons to police departments.

“Our officers are not soldiers on a battlefield, and they should not be equipped with military-grade gear and weapons. Militarizing the police makes it difficult for residents to feel safe approaching and interacting with officers, increases risk, and sets an overall hostile, confrontational tone,” said Curtatone

Police demilitarization is good, regardless of why it's being done.

You really couldn’t make this shit up if you tried. There is a very devious execution of a truly evil and well planned agenda to destroy the underpinnings of society happening throughout the country. Anything that doesn’t fit the agenda is declared a health crisis and triggers a “public health emergency order”. We are the frogs in a pot and the water has started to boil.

You really couldn’t make this shit up if you tried. There is a very devious execution of a truly evil and well planned agenda to destroy the underpinnings of society happening throughout the country. Anything that doesn’t fit the agenda is declared a health crisis and triggers a “public health emergency order”. We are the frogs in a pot and the water has starting boil.
You either didn't read the article or you're a massive bootlicking cuck. There is no middle ground here.

Maybe you can enlighten us as to which of the 3 parts you have a beef with:
The city seeks to demilitarize its police force,
Increase the diversity of the police force and
Provide impartial oversight of the department.

I don't disagree with a lot of what he is proposing. I just think he should include himself and step down.

Obviously you have trouble with the English language. My issue is declaring everything that doesn’t fit your agenda an existential health crisis. As a matter of fact I agree with two of you points. That fact that legitimate points are included does not negate this misuse of legitimate emergency powers. Racism is no more a health crisis than “gun violence”, this is a smoke screen. The fact that you immediately jump to insults in response shows you are gullible and took their bait. I am as far from a bootlicking cuck as you can get.

All this shit is happening because all the people in control,are stuck under a bad case of stupid.
Until we get rid of these people all this shit is still going to happen.

You either didn't read the article or you're a massive bootlicking cuck. There is no middle ground here.

I think what he is getting at is mob rule prevailing and the general insanity of wokeness.

You know, I read some of it and instantly thought of that Dave Chappelle skit "When Keeping It Real Goes Wrong"

In this case, it would be "When White Liberal Virtue Signaling Goes Wrong, Backfires Horribly, And Now Your Town Is In Flames"

We need to have qualified people no matter what color, gender or other protected status these people can concoct.
Stop discriminating against qualified people to promote a political agenda!

I grew up in Somerville, lived there until 1984. To say that there has been a sea change there would be an understatement. Recently, my mother in law asked my wife that since I'm close to retirement if I would move back to Somerville. My wife looked at her and said, "Are you fu#*ing crazy?"

We need to have qualified people no matter what color, gender or other protected status these people can concoct.
Stop discriminating against qualified people to promote a political agenda!

The question I always ask people who support diversity, affirmative action, etc is this: You have a brain tumor and require surgery. There are two doctors, one white who finished at the top of his class and is highly qualified, the other a minority who is not quite as skilled. Who do you choose and why?

He's a moron who loves getting his name in the papers. BUT! Silver lining:

Curtatone said Somerville will withdraw from a Department of Defense program that provides military weapons to police departments.

“Our officers are not soldiers on a battlefield, and they should not be equipped with military-grade gear and weapons. Militarizing the police makes it difficult for residents to feel safe approaching and interacting with officers, increases risk, and sets an overall hostile, confrontational tone,” said Curtatone

Police demilitarization is good, regardless of why it's being done.

So are they going to give back all the surplus shit they already got? Cos otherwise it's not demilitarization, it's just a pause in the arms race.

I've got a question: How long has this asshat been mayor? (Answer: Since 2004.)

So who has been the chief cook and bottle washer during this non-fair-racially-biased hiring scheme???

Gosh. You know, when I watched Oh Brother Where Art Thou and the Gov's son wonders, "why don't we get some of that Ree-Form?" I'd always chuckle. Suddenly, I see that Junior grow'd up and became mayor of Somerville. That guy is deserving of many of those Charles Durning scathing attacks. LOL

I grew up in Somerville, lived there until 1984. To say that there has been a sea change there would be an understatement. Recently, my mother in law asked my wife that since I'm close to retirement if I would move back to Somerville. My wife looked at her and said, "Are you fu#*ing crazy?"

Somerville. The Goombah Riviera. [rofl] [rofl]

Back
Top Bottom