Somerville police officer sues Sig Sauer, says weapon fired on its own

"gun went off on its own" = "i accidentally pulled the trigger or otherwise allowed the trigger to be pulled".

retard. Case should get tossed and he should have to pay any of Sig's legal bill accrued so far.

"gun went off on its own" = "i accidentally pulled the trigger or otherwise allowed the trigger to be pulled".

retard. Case should get tossed and he should have to pay any of Sig's legal bill accrued so far.
Let's be honest some firearms have design flaws or shortcomings exposed over time.

Taurus has handguns that just go off if you shake them the wrong way.

Remington had a serious issue with the 700 where it would fire without trigger manipulation.

It is not out of the question that there is an issue with this particular handgun. Time for folks to do a deep-dive and see what is causing this issue.

View: https://youtu.be/2fn6GFSwTEw

View: https://youtu.be/oS_GDpZM3ak

I'm sure those G3C's are nice guns, but when I see a Taurus semi-auto, these are the things I think about. LOL

A friend of mine had a Taurus somethingorother in the mid-to-late 90's. Semi-auto. It wasn't the 92 copy. Something else. He got a wild hair and bought it. Did not work. (I forget what was wrong.). Called Taurus. Shook said gun on the phone. "What was that?" "I shook your gun." "Oh my. It shouldn't sound like that. Send it in."

He did. It came back WORSE!

Again, I'm sure they are nice. Hyundai was a relatively crap car company in 1990. Turned into a halfway decent one. (I still can't bring myself to buy one of those either.)

At some point the gun will be tested,and if it goes off without pulling the trigger the man will have a nice pay day.

If you're gonna gym bag carry a pistol with no holster, just get a HK P30 with external ambi safety. Carry condition 3 full mag safety on empty chamber. When you need to whip out your HK, stroke it hard like the Israelis do and flick the safety down. When in doubt, go HK

It is not out of the question that there is an issue with this particular handgun. Time for folks to do a deep-dive and see what is causing this issue.
There was, years ago, and they did. It was a heavy, solid trigger that was replaced by recall and in newer models with a lighter, scalloped back one. The problem was - prior - being dropped at a particular angle with a full mag; the weight of the trigger causing an uncommanded discharge.

Problem is the gun media AND antis/MSM highly publicised the original issue, and now it is the go-to excuse for NDs, especially for LEOs. Every recent case I have heard of started with something retarded "I jammed my pistol, with one in the chamber, into my cluttered purse" or "I wrapped it in my gym shorts, with one in the chamber, and was stuffing it in a bag" etc.

I never would never have even thought to wrap a loaded gun in a towel and carry it in a gym bag! Somedays I wish that I had the years of experience and training that cops have. Stupid me has been carrying my gat unloaded in a locked container.

maxresdefault.jpg
LOL.

Meanwhile in England,
some (brilliant) museum curator is whinging that it's a tad unrealistic for
the Rust game's medieval hand cannon to be triggered by banging a rock
onto the pinch of black powder sitting in the touchhole's priming pan.

maxresdefault.jpg

If you're gonna gym bag carry a pistol with no holster, just get a HK P30 with external ambi safety. Carry condition 3 full mag safety on empty chamber. When you need to whip out your HK, stroke it hard like the Israelis do and flick the safety down. When in doubt, go HK
Regardless of an external safety. If you want to put the gun in a gym bag, you either use a holster/trigger guard, or you carry condition 3.

Back
Top Bottom