Somerville LTC holder left gun at roast beef shop

GSG

Did several searches but didn't see this one posted.

http://www.salemnews.com/local/x1668174870/Police-Man-left-gun-at-roast-beef-shop

Joseph E. Scimemi, 48, of Somerville will be summonsed to court on a charge of improper storage of a firearm, after police said he asked an employee at the North Street eatery to hold his gun "for about an hour."

What ticks me off about this is the guy honestly seemed to be trying to do the right thing by not carrying a gun to the (presumably heated) argument with his wife.

This is just... bizarre. Did the guy drive to the roast beef place? Why didn't he just store it in his car?

There's a lot of missing info here.

-Mike

This is just... bizarre. Did the guy drive to the roast beef place? Why didn't he just store it in his car?

There's a lot of missing info here.

-Mike

Classic SalemNews Story. Good on the headline, missing 99% of the story.

The guy obviously had some issues. Although need to google further to find the follow up since that happened on August 20th.

There are a lot of gaps in that news report. Assuming what is there is true (I know, you don't have to say it), the order of events sounds like:

1. He had an argument with the wife.
2. He stopped at that restaurant/deli/whatever it is.
3. It sounds like he was very upset and simply wanted the firearm out of his control for an hour (cool down??)
4. He asked the employee to take it for an hour.
5. The owners didn't like that and called the cops.
6. The owners have now stated that do not want this man in their establishment.

That's what I got out of the news article.

From what I understand, the charges against the man were dismissed, though Salem has yet to give him his license back.

Dave

Could it be that the person that was "holding" the gun was a licensed person and that no law was broken? It sounds like the business owner is anti-gun and has tight shorts.

Could it be that the person that was "holding" the gun was a licensed person and that no law was broken? It sounds like the business owner is anti-gun and has tight shorts.

I doubt it. If the guy "holding" the gun at the store was an LTC holder I doubt the cops would have been called to begin with.

-Mike

Nobody knows or has any facts about this case other than whats been stated in the Salem News.

The business owner doesnt want him back. Thats known.
Nobody knows WHO this dimwit gave his gun to. Usually one or both owners are there and a few other employees. And they really do have the best roast beef around!

Scenario plays out like this:
Guy gets in fight/argument with wife.
She throws him out and says she is calling the cops.
He knows he is screwed and trys to find an out by taking his gun to someone he knows.
He runs into the roast beef shop in a frenzy and says you have to hold this for me you need to hold it and hands it to a person he knows and takes off.
The owners say "WTF just happened and who the hell was that?
Guy holding gun says I know the guy he comes in all the time but what the hell!
They call the cops.
Cops come and take the gun
Cops go to his house and discover a domestic sitiuation.
Due to his actions with the gun and whatever else was going on, they take his LTC and any other guns away from him and arrest him.

Basically the guy was a dumbass and created his own problems.

And Salem confiscated his LTC, but only Somerville can give it back as they issued the LTC.

"Take the gun...leave the roast beef."

[rofl] Gotta love a good Godfather reference.

If the guy felt it was a good idea for someone else to "hold onto" his gun because he might get into an argument with his wife, he should be seriously questioning why he's carrying a handgun to begin with. Maybe he has a tough time controlling his temper. OK that's fine. Lots of folks get pissed off at the drop of a hat. If I thought for a second that I might shoot one of my loved ones in the heat of an argument, I'd sell every last gun I owned and give up my LTC.

Ah wait, I misunderstood the scenario. It was after he got into a fight with wifey that he felt it'd be a good idea to get rid of the gun. Still, bad decision on his part.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom