someone with a gun in the Burlington Mall

I missed most of this, well actually all of it except what I've read here and on another forum. Was this some sort of high capacity assault umbrella? It obviously has a shoulder thing that goes up it's collapsible as well. Does it have a bayonet lug? High capacity rain suppressor? Who ever called this in deserves a dope slap.

933344_074d_625x1000.jpg

I missed the whole thing as well. One thing I dont get is his apologist comment? Give me that 15 minutes of fame and I'd rip someone a new a-hole or get shot trying

So why did they go through his bag and frisk him exactly?

I was just saying the thing, wtf. He had an umbrella, did he then put the gun into the willy wonka machine and shrink it down to fit in the back pack? So, if I want someone to be frisked I just have to say I thought I saw him with a gun? This really ticks me off.

UPDATE!

Rainforest cafe has just been evacuated. Mall shopper walking by spotted this!

umbrella-drink-09.jpg

A concealable umbrella! SWAT team is on their way back. News choppers need to re-fuel and get back!

Last edited:
Wait, five people saw an umbrella with a samurai sword style handle and reported a rifle? Nobody reported a man with a samurai sword? Maybe he was carrying a Shootrite Katana? Is this a good time to ask if I should open carry in Mass?

when i heard this on the radio today i couldn't wait to get home from work and get on NES to see the responses once it was confirmed it was a tactical umbrella.

Last edited:
And this, 236 years to the day after local Massachusetts citizens first stood up against government oppression, and refused to give up their guns...

Last edited:
So how long before umbrellas that look like weapons are banned in assachusetts? Whoops I forgot the M. O well it fits.

Wait, five people saw an umbrella with a samurai sword style handle and reported a rifle? Nobody reported a man with a samurai sword? Maybe he was carrying a Shootrite Katana? Is this a good time to ask if I should open carry in Mass?

How one mistakes an umbrella for a sword for a rifle I'll never understand. Boston.com has some pics up finally:

http://www.boston.com/news/local/breaking_news/2011/04/burlington_mall.html?p1=News_links

Or maybe this will work:
http://www.boston.com/news/local/breaking_news/assets_c/2011/04/umbrella-thumb-351x400-39262.jpg
http://www.boston.com/news/local/breaking_news/assets_c/2011/04/IMG950446a-thumb-200x591-39260.jpg

If only he had an Aqua Teen Hungerforce alien in his backpack.........

Sad thing is, there are thugs in the mall all the time with illegal guns.

I graduated from UMass Amherst 2 years ago. Being such a liberal school, many of my facebook friends are antis. I figured I'd throw this news story up there just to tick some of them off but I was shocked. Not a single "what if it was a gun" comment yet.

Link to my status

I graduated from UMass Amherst 2 years ago. Being such a liberal school, many of my facebook friends are antis. I figured I'd throw this news story up there just to tick some of them off but I was shocked. Not a single "what if it was a gun" comment yet.

Link to my status

They all probably blew an "O-ring" and started twitching when they realized they couldn't make an anti-gun comment

370_4ab431f1e58f9.gif

Police said the umbrella, which had a samurai sword-style handle, did look like a rifle, and they didn't fault those at the Burlington Mall who had reported the man.

It was interpreted to be a gun by five different people,” said Burlington Police Chief Michael Kent. “We are always telling people to be vigilant. This is what we want.

I’d do it all over again if this happened tomorrow,” said Kent, who said about 40 officers responded to the scene from his department, surrounding departments, the State Police and federal agencies such as the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, and Immigrations and Customs Enforcement.

I swear, this reads like an onion article.
[banghead]

ETA: And more stupidity.
Chief Kent praised the man, whom he would not identify, saying he had helped to bring the crisis to quicker end by contacting police. "We appreciate that he put an end to it a lot sooner," he said. The man still has his umbrella.

i didn't read all of the replies, we watched the noon news, we saw the

"gunamn" with his umbrella.... all i can say is the perp who reported this

and mall security deserve a good kick in the crack... this farce must have

cost upwardss of 100K,,, could someone have gone and checked it out

before yelling fire...

if the guy did in fact rob a jewlery store don't ya think someone would

have reported it....

basically some dipshit went nuts,,, its rifle,,,, but but its a gun.....

dork

I saw one of those samurai umbrellas on the T last week. I thought, "Cool, that guy has a sword. Oh wait, it's just one of the those umbrellas from ThinkGeek."

I don't know whether to laugh or cry. If it wasn't for the report from Roanoke, VA of a similar incident in a free state, I would just chalk this up to MA stupidity, but apparently the stupid is strong in this country.

I say, group buy on those umbrellas and we stage a protest at the mall. 100 NESers with samurai umbrellas.

These IDIOTS are reinforcing this paranoia! The state police and/or a town PD is going to be sued for a MONSTER civil rights lawsuit if they EVER arrest someone on the basis of one of these calls.

Of course they are! They love that s**t. It's "empire building." Never let a good "crisis" go to waste, even if it means inventing fake crises to justify your existence.

Even if they got sued over it they would just go "Harumph!!!! but but but what about the chilllllldren and what if it was reeeeel!!?!?!?" etc. All the usual sheeple bulls**t lines.

-Mike

I saw one of those samurai umbrellas on the T last week. I thought, "Cool, that guy has a sword. Oh wait, it's just one of the those umbrellas from ThinkGeek."

I don't know whether to laugh or cry. If it wasn't for the report from Roanoke, VA of a similar incident in a free state, I would just chalk this up to MA stupidity, but apparently the stupid is strong in this country.

I say, group buy on those umbrellas and we stage a protest at the mall. 100 NESers with samurai umbrellas.

IN!

WTF with the ICE people being there? Did they think they were actually going to enforce a law or something?

Back
Top Bottom