Someone to pin and weld?

AF83

NES Member
Looking for some ideas of who to see in the North Attleboro ared to have a muzzle break pinned and welded on my m4forgery. Also lop off the bayo lug while they are at it.

What should i expect to pay for this?

Expect to pay around $50 for the pin/weld. The bayo lug delete? Not really sure but I can't imagine it's much more than $50 to whiz it off and cold blue it.

Do the lug yourself. It's stupid simple.

1. Cut it off a little large
2. Dress it with a file, being sure to knock off any sharp edges.
3. Clean cut area with alcohol, naphtha, acetone, mineral spirits or brake cleaner.
4. Apply cold Blue.

Done

Try: Santurri Ltd, 580 Kelly Blvd., North Attleboro, MA. 401-726-1310. [email protected].
No idea on cost, but worked on two shotguns for me with excellent results.

+1 for Santurri..... He pinned and welded the brake on my 338 Edge.... Did a nice job and very fast turnaround..... Dropped it off in the morning and picked it up that afternoon....[wink]

Zero Hour in Easton did mine a few years ago. Cost $80 and that included the brake. Brake was silver soldered in place and bayo lug had the "ears" milled/ground off and then blued.

Zero Hour in Easton did mine a few years ago. Cost $80 and that included the brake. Brake was silver soldered in place and bayo lug had the "ears" milled/ground off and then blued.

I know that taking the ears off is "technically" legal since it can no longer retain the bayonet by locking, but leaving the silhouette of the lug could still get you some unnecessary scrutiny from some ignorant cops, so I would always just lop the whole thing off since it is just as useless either way. Why invite attention?[wink]

Santurri did mine. if I remember correctly it was $90 to pin and weld the brake, remove the lug and refinish.

Turn around time was just a couple of hours.

I had Gartman Arms just do one on my mosin nagant, first shot blew the thing right off. I do not have to tell you, to keep away from there.

Last edited:
No,I will give the guys a heads up when they do the work party,they might find it then. I am taking the rifle up to you guys to have the new one put on.Thanks for helping me look for it.

Back
Top Bottom