• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Someone shot themself at Sig.

Like when police officers plant guns on victims, at Sig it is probably protocol to swap out the users Sig for a Walther
I thought they supplied firearms for their beginner classes? So must have been handgun 103 if it was a walther?

I'm working there Thursday with a lot of shooters I don't know. Time to break out the vest !!!!

Reality is their safety record is outstanding. I don't think they even had any injuries that were serious.
I see they’re having an IDPA match Thursday. I think it’s great we have another place to shoot matches - especially indoors. Only 26 slots I see

not good for the concentration. they probably should have given you another go around at their expense for another time.

I wasn't worried about how I "scored." I saw it as silly. They were trying to get you to feel what it was like to draw from seated. But because they wanted it safe, you were facing. . . left (only a couple of lefty shooters) and drew straight up, extended your shooting hand out to your side and fired one-handed. You'd NEVER do that in real life. In real life, you'd be facing the target most likely and pull and fire two handed in front of you or across yourself. But that puts too many body parts of yours and others in the way. So I get it.

What I regret was George was hawking his car-bean class. He was fairly intimidating to me. I don't know why. Guy was an expert in multiple platforms. He had an outdoor carbine class where you shot no-sights at 100yds. It freaked me out so I skipped out on taking it. In hindsight, I was a fool that was taken in by his abrasive nature and it scared me. Dumb dumb dumb. He's there TO HELP ME! I could have learned so much. Just standard carbine shooting. Now I'm almost 20 years old and just too damned busy to think about another 3-day class. Damn!

Back
Top Bottom