• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Someone needs a fastball to the face.

In this case.. it's Ron Cottingham and the POCA...

Retiring Calif. officers want to keep assault guns

SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- A statewide lobbying group for police officers said Thursday it will pursue legislation next year that would allow officers to keep assault weapons after they retire, seeking to overturn an opinion issued last year by the state attorney general's office.

Peace officers can own assault weapons that are illegal for civilians to buy, even for officers' off-duty use. The Associated Press reported Wednesday that more than 7,600 officers have bought such firearms since the state began allowing the practice a decade ago. The weapons must be registered with the state Department of Justice.

Officers who buy assault weapons must give them up when they retire or leave law enforcement because they no longer qualify as peace officers under California law, then-Attorney General Jerry Brown said in an official opinion issued last December.

I don't give a flying f**k what public safety or life threatening dangers should arise, how much you paid for it, it's your personal property, it's needed for the job, etc.

"Retired officers still could use their assault weapons to battle criminals or terrorists in an emergency"... my ass.

Suck it up and accept the fact that you're no different or privileged than any other peasant. [angry]

http://www.sacbee.com/2011/12/22/4140836/retiring-calif-officers-want-to.html#storylink=cpy

A statewide lobbying group for police officers said Thursday it will pursue legislation next year that would allow officers to keep assault weapons after they retire, seeking to overturn an opinion issued last year by the state attorney general's office.

Pathetic. Given the chance to stand up for all gun owners, these clowns prefer being a special class of citizen. I hope they lose.

Pathetic. Given the chance to stand up for all gun owners, these clowns prefer being a special class of citizen. I hope they lose.

They are better than us and contribute more to society. We should be honored to provide their retirement and should probably shut up about them having more rights than us.

I'm digging the caste system America has.

All I have to do is go to the police academy to move up? Sounds easy. Not like the old days!

I'm digging the caste system America has.

All I have to do is go to the police academy to move up? Sounds easy. Not like the old days!
Yup, it's just like taking a moral cockmeat sandwich.

Gotta give something up to become better, afterall.

So your telling me know I got to worry about dogs being shot even after they (PD) retire from the force... jeez having a pet never was harder in this country.

They have no need for "special weapons" after they retire. Let them follow the same advice that many of them give to citizens while they're on the job: "Don't take the law into your own hands. Call 911."

Back
Top Bottom