• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Someone in South Carolina wants to out CCW holders

Such a sticker will make it every easy for anyone in a road rage incident to falsely claim "The other guy pointed a gun at me" or "The other guy threatened to shoot me".

Might as well put a sticker on you plate that says "Feel free to fine me $10,000 if I piss you off".

this perhaps is the ultimate goal

South Carolina wants to out CCW holders

Make no mistake, there are plenty of libtarded Republicans...look at our wonderful Governor.

Good point although he's too spineless to propose something like this, he just follows along

maybe they should require the same thing with those with a DWI/DUI/Felony record too...JFC [thinking]

The people that want to push this should be outed as gun free homes. Even better they should be arrested and charged with treason.

Why, because some mush head liberal proposed a law? If that is your criteria you are never going to move anywhere.

ETA: What's interesting is this seems to be proposed by a republican, probably for police officer safety. Vote Republican!

Also, melon my labia and blue lives matter!

[rofl]

Something ain't right here...

In 2004, Verdin was rated A+ by the NRA Political Victory Fund.

Following the Charleston church shooting of 2015, Verdin said he would not vote to remove the Confederate battle flag from the grounds of the state house

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danny_Verdin

Co-sponsored bills...

A BILL TO AMEND CHAPTER 31, TITLE 23 OF THE 1976 CODE, RELATING TO FIREARMS, BY ADDING ARTICLE 9 TO ENACT THE "SECOND AMENDMENT PRESERVATION ACT" TO NULLIFY UNCONSTITUTIONAL ACTIONS TAKEN BY THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT IN REGARD TO THE INFRINGEMENT OF THE RIGHT TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS, AND TO PROHIBIT ENFORCEMENT OF UNCONSTITUTIONAL ACTS AND CONVICTIONS FOR FAILING TO FOLLOW UNCONSTITUTIONAL FEDERAL REQUIREMENTS

https://trackbill.com/bill/sc-sb125-second-amendment-preservation-act/709705/

A BILL TO AMEND CHAPTER 31, TITLE 23 OF THE 1976 CODE, BY ADDING ARTICLE 9 TO ENACT THE "SOUTH CAROLINA FIREARMS LIBERTY ACT", TO PROVIDE THAT A FIREARM, FIREARM ACCESSORY, OR AMMUNITION POSSESSED OR MANUFACTURED AND RETAINED IN SOUTH CAROLINA IS EXEMPT FROM FEDERAL REGULATION UNDER THE COMMERCE CLAUSE OF THE CONSTITUTION OF THE UNITED STATES, TO PROVIDE THAT ANY FEDERAL LAW TO RESTRICT THE POSSESSION, OWNERSHIP, OR MANUFACTURE OF A FIREARM PURSUANT TO THIS ARTICLE MAY NOT BE ENFORCED BY FEDERAL, STATE, OR LOCAL LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICIALS, AND TO PROVIDE FOR PENALTIES FOR FEDERAL OFFICIALS SEEKING TO ENFORCE FEDERAL LAW CONTRARY TO THE PROVISIONS OF THIS CHAPTER; AND BY ADDING ARTICLE 11 TO PROVIDE THAT FEDERAL ACTION TO RESTRICT OWNERSHIP OF A SEMI-AUTOMATIC FIREARM OR MAGAZINE OF ANY FIREARM, OR THE REGISTRATION OF A FIREARM OR MAGAZINE, IS UNENFORCEABLE IN SOUTH CAROLINA.

https://trackbill.com/bill/sc-sb117-firearms-liberty-act/709697/

A BILL TO AMEND THE CODE OF LAWS OF SOUTH CAROLINA, 1976, TO ENACT THE "SOUTH CAROLINA CONSTITUTIONAL CARRY ACT OF 2015", TO AMEND SECTION 16-23-20, RELATING TO OFFENSES INVOLVING WEAPONS, TO CHANGE THE OFFENSE OF UNLAWFULLY CARRYING A HANDGUN TO CARRYING A HANDGUN WITH INTENT TO COMMIT A CRIME; TO REPEAL SECTION 16-23-460, RELATING TO THE OFFENSE OF CARRYING A CONCEALED WEAPON; TO AMEND SECTION 23-31-220, RELATING TO SIGNS AND THE RIGHT TO ALLOW OR PERMIT CONCEALED WEAPONS UPON PREMISES, TO REMOVE REFERENCES TO CONCEALED WEAPONS PERMITS AND TO ALLOW A PRIVATE EMPLOYER OR OWNER TO ALLOW OR PROHIBIT ANYONE FROM CARRYING A WEAPON UPON HIS PREMISES BY PROVIDING NOTICE WITH A SIGN; TO AMEND SECTION 23-31-225, RELATING TO CARRYING CONCEALED WEAPONS INTO RESIDENCES OR DWELLINGS, TO REMOVE REFERENCES TO CONCEALED WEAPONS PERMITS AND TO PROHIBIT ANY PERSON FROM ENTERING A RESIDENCE OR DWELLING OF ANOTHER WITH A WEAPON WITHOUT PERMISSION; AND TO AMEND SECTION 23-31-240, RELATING TO PERSONS WHO ARE ALLOWED TO CARRY A WEAPON ANYWHERE IN THE STATE WHILE ON DUTY, TO INCLUDE LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS.

https://trackbill.com/bill/sc-sb105-constitutional-carry-act/709685/

except it was proposed by a republican

I hate republicans almost as much as I hate democrats. When I read through their vision for America, I gotta admit that I like most of it. But when it comes down to it, they are not mostly about reducing government, they are about stupid stuff like this.

I hate republicans almost as much as I hate democrats. When I read through their vision for America, I gotta admit that I like most of it. But when it comes down to it, they are not mostly about reducing government, they are about stupid stuff like this.

I think his point is is that the guy might be trolling. Like this idea is so stupid maybe just to illustrate the stupidity of anti-gun types so it's a version of political grandstanding.... the bill is so obnoxious that it would never pass but yet it will get air time and people will talk about it.... maybe that is the entire idea.... to keep people pissed off and to keep their eyes peeled about for bills like this...

I think his point is is that the guy might be trolling. Like this idea is so stupid maybe just to illustrate the stupidity of anti-gun types so it's a version of political grandstanding.... the bill is so obnoxious that it would never pass but yet it will get air time and people will talk about it.... maybe that is the entire idea.... to keep people pissed off and to keep their eyes peeled about for bills like this...

Maybe. Or maybe it is "feel good" crap like the NC bathroom bill.

There are lots of "Gun Laws" being sent up to Columbia SC for consideration once the new session starts. A few of them are desperate attempts at closing "one of those fictitious loopholes" related to the government not doing its job in following up on a background check, a failure that led to 9 people being murdered. The anti-2A measures do not stand a snowballs chance in hell of surviving. It is highly unlikely that this sticker proposal will stick. There is no open carry in SC. Everyone, with some exceptions has to take a class on SC law and pass a live firing test to get their CWP. A CWP holder is required, when approached by a LEO, to inform that LEO that s/he is a CWP holder and is in fact carrying. In SC, non-permitted gun owners can have a loaded gun in their vehicle and are not required to make any such revelation to a LEO. Go figure that one.
There is also a bill being pushed forward to allow certain school teachers and Administrators to Conceal Carry at schools.
There are a good number of anti-gun people in SC but a bigger and better number of pro 2A people and most legislators wouldn't dare vote against the wishes of their gun owning constituents.
Really, my fellow NES's don't waste your kind thoughts or energy worrying about SC. I know as well as you do that you have bigger worries and extremely burdensome issues in mAssachusetts. The hammer wielded by the AG-MH has fallen upon every single semi-automatic gun owner and once the base is smashed, it is very difficult to undo the damage done. You have my sympathy and my support. Fight the good fight for as long as you live, even if you decide as I did to bail out of mAssachusetts.
Best regards

Misleading thread title is misleading. It's a bill with one sponsor. "South Carolina" does not want this, and I strongly suspect it will not pass.

Looks like SC has its own Dave Linsky.

Except, Linsky doesn't have a 12 year record of 100%/A+ ratings from the NRA...

2016 National Rifle Association - Candidate Positions on Gun Rights 100%
2012 National Rifle Association - Candidate Positions on Gun Rights 100%
2008 National Rifle Association Political Victory Fund - Lifetime Score 100%
2004 National Rifle Association Political Victory Fund - Lifetime Score A+

https://votesmart.org/candidate/evaluations/48080/danny-verdin-iii

I realize that the legislative ratings from the NRA (and GOAL), can be debatable and tricky at times depending on criteria,

but 100% 12 years running.

If he (Verdin), has an end game or purpose in mind, I'm curious to know what it is.

Or, are you being sarcastic? [wink]

Last edited:
There are lots of "Gun Laws" being sent up to Columbia SC for consideration once the new session starts. A few of them are desperate attempts at closing "one of those fictitious loopholes" related to the government not doing its job in following up on a background check, a failure that led to 9 people being murdered. The anti-2A measures do not stand a snowballs chance in hell of surviving. It is highly unlikely that this sticker proposal will stick. There is no open carry in SC. Everyone, with some exceptions has to take a class on SC law and pass a live firing test to get their CWP. A CWP holder is required, when approached by a LEO, to inform that LEO that s/he is a CWP holder and is in fact carrying. In SC, non-permitted gun owners can have a loaded gun in their vehicle and are not required to make any such revelation to a LEO. Go figure that one.
There is also a bill being pushed forward to allow certain school teachers and Administrators to Conceal Carry at schools.
There are a good number of anti-gun people in SC but a bigger and better number of pro 2A people and most legislators wouldn't dare vote against the wishes of their gun owning constituents.
Really, my fellow NES's don't waste your kind thoughts or energy worrying about SC. I know as well as you do that you have bigger worries and extremely burdensome issues in mAssachusetts. The hammer wielded by the AG-MH has fallen upon every single semi-automatic gun owner and once the base is smashed, it is very difficult to undo the damage done. You have my sympathy and my support. Fight the good fight for as long as you live, even if you decide as I did to bail out of mAssachusetts.
Best regards

What angers me more than anything about SC is that, now that my parents moved down there, I cannot legally defend myself. Non-residents are banned from getting a non-resident carry license unless you own property and SC has no reciprocity with NH. NC has reciprocity so I can carry there but not SC. It is kind of ironic that I have more rights in Mass when it comes to carrying than SC.

I'm sure a bill will be filed again to allow non property owning residents to apply and or to increase reciprocity so please write and testify in committee in support of those bills (as well as con carry as I'm sure that bill will be filed).

Because one shitbird senator comes up with a unicorn bill? Not sure if serious- you're going to be moving constantly, by that kind of standard.

No, not serious, prefer AZ and TX actually. Just tired of hearing all these stupid ideas. It's spreading like cancer.

said the man sitting in the dark corner holding onto his gun in MA!

Yup. Death by a thousand cuts here in MA.

No, not serious, prefer AZ and TX actually. Just tired of hearing all these stupid ideas. It's spreading like cancer.

Yup. Death by a thousand cuts here in MA.

I vouch for TX. None of that white shit crapping on you from the sky every other day either!

Back
Top Bottom