• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Someone Explain "Reputation Level" to me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

While looking through my profile, I saw that someone gave me "Reputation Point", which led me to look at the FAQ page to try and figure out what they were, and what my reputation level is.

While Searching I uncovered the following, but wasn't able to see the "Show Reputation Level" button...

What do the other settings do?

In your User CP, there is a section under Settings & Options named 'Edit Options'.

* Login & Privacy: set your
o 'Invisible Mode' - sets whether or not other members can see if you are online and what page you are viewing
o 'Show Reputation Level' - shows your reputation level on posts if this option is enabled by the administrator
o 'Allow vCard Download' - sets whether or not to allow other members to download a vCard containing your email address and username.

I'm lost, all guidance is welcome.

Thanks in advance!

Underneath a posters username on the lower left hand side are two icons.
reputation-40b.png
= Reputation and
report-40b.png
= Report.

If you agree or disagree with that poster you click the
reputation-40b.png
and a pop up will ask you:

What do you think of username''s post?

There you can select via two radio buttons Approve or Disprove. Beneath both is a comment box where you can leave a comment for the user to see if they happen to check their reputations.

The other option is if there is a questionable post that should be reported to the Administrators or Moderators, for that use the
report-40b.png
icon to report that particular post. Its used for bad images, threatening language or whatever items are in the sites C.O.C.

I gave you a positive rep point just now, hopefully you can see how it works from there.

-Cheers

Underneath a posters username on the lower left hand side are two icons.
reputation-40b.png
= Reputation and
report-40b.png
= Report.

If you agree or disagree with that poster you click the
reputation-40b.png
and a pop up will ask you:

What do you think of username''s post?

There you can select via two radio buttons Approve or Disprove. Beneath both is a comment box where you can leave a comment for the user to see if they happen to check their reputations.

The other option is if there is a questionable post that should be reported to the Administrators or Moderators, for that use the
report-40b.png
icon to report that particular post. Its used for bad images, threatening language or whatever items are in the sites C.O.C.

I gave you a positive rep point just now, hopefully you can see how it works from there.

-Cheers

+1 for a great answer, even with little icons too!

Well goddang, I lerned something else today, was wondering all this time I've been here what the hell those were. Now this was a good day, I was edubacted on tree difrent thigs twoday!

... And the easiest way to see the last dozen reputation points left for you is to click on the "Settings" link on the top of each page. This link is also a very convenient way to check for new posts in threads to which you have subscribed.

It should also be noted that you can see what you've gotten for rep points on any of your own posts by clicking on the Rep icon in a specific post.

Why does my feedback score show "0" when I have received a bunch of "reputations"? I can't find anywhere (even based on the info in the OP) that has a setting to turn it on or off.

Why does my feedback score show "0" when I have received a bunch of "reputations"? I can't find anywhere (even based on the info in the OP) that has a setting to turn it on or off.

Feedback is from iTrader I believe. The reps are the little green squares under your name. You see where they come from by clicking on Settings at the top of the screen. You'll see the last twelve or so issued to you there.

Feedback is from iTrader I believe. The reps are the little green squares under your name. You see where they come from by clicking on Settings at the top of the screen. You'll see the last twelve or so issued to you there.

Thanks for clearing that up for me :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom