Someone breaks in - Do you yell that you're armed or not?

In general, I’d say probably not announce, but there may be some specific situations when it may be a good idea. Things like being able to see them on security cams, knowing or not knowing if they are armed, or knowing who they are and/or why they are there can play a role. I’d rather not have to shoot someone if I can avoid it and there could be situations where telling them you are armed and to leave could both give them another chance to leave without increasing risk to yourself. If it doesn’t do both those things, I’m not telling.

While personally I’d like it that if someone who isn’t suppose to be in your house and knows it, is in or is trying to break into your home, that you should be able to do anything you choose to them. But the law sadly doesn’t work that way.
just call the police; it's their job to handle the situation.

All my self defense guns were “racked” years ago.

My big movie pet peeve

Ok, let’s go in “rack”. F’you. I racked my duty weapon 6+ months ago. Wtf are you doing it now for and I want a new partner.
In the movies they don't even rack them. The gun just automatically makes that sounds when you draw it or point it at someone.

The dog would be barking so loud that you could sing Yankee Doodle and the guy is not going to hear it.
The way I figure it, if the guy ignores the motion detectors spot lights, the burglar alarm, the locked doors, and the 125lb dog, he is either mentally disturbed or highly motivated. Either way, my home security plan revolves around deterring him from entering the house.
If he chooses to continue upon his nefarious course, I feel as though the perp has been given plenty of notice that the occupants take security seriously. All of that aside, I really don't care if he takes the TV or other valuables and leaves, but he is NOT coming up those stairs.

Data mining .gov thread to be used against you later type of thread!
Someone breaking into my home has probably suffered from wealth inequality long enough. I will retreat from my home and only call the cops after allowing enough time for the perps to achieve their equitable distribution.

Given that all of this could be used as evidence, I’ll go on the record as saying that it would be wrong not to call the police after shooting the perpetrator and it would be equally wrong to roll him up in a tarp, throw him in the van, and donate his carcass to the Portuguese pig farmer that I’ve been friends with for years.

Someone breaking into my home has probably suffered from wealth inequality long enough. I will retreat from my home and only call the cops after allowing enough time for the perps to achieve their equitable distribution.

See, that is the right answer!

A lawyer would have a field day with prosecuting anybody that would be unlucky enough to have their home invaded that also posted their intentions in this thread, "free" state or not that lawyer will make your life miserable.

I would say this thread has gay intentions, but OP will probably go into PMS rage and I don't want to see that again. :)

A lawyer would have a field day with prosecuting anybody that would be unlucky enough to have their home invaded that also posted their intentions in this thread, "free" state or not that lawyer will make your life miserable.

I would say this thread has gay intentions, but OP will probably go into PMS rage and I don't want to see that again. :)

As you say , you must be a joy at parties. I guess we should just keep our posts about 9 vs 40 and what we had to eat last night.

The govt has won as they are living rent free in your head. Sometimes I think you have no clue what forums are for. I case you forgot it’s for discussion on many different topics.

Otherwise what is the point.

I’ll just submit the rest of my posts as evidence and tie up the court system for months.

As you say , you must be a joy at parties. I guess we should just keep our posts about 9 vs 40 and what we had to eat last night.

The govt has won as they are living rent free in your head. Sometimes I think you have no clue what forums are for. I case you forgot it’s for discussion on many different topics.

How bout a thread titled, "How to Remove DNA Residue from My Woodchipper?" LOL I don't think it's a bad idea to mind your online P's and Q's regarding anything that could be evidence of intent. That said, I'm sure there was some humor in his response as there was in mine.

How bout a thread titled, "How to Remove DNA Residue from My Woodchipper?" LOL I don't think it's a bad idea to mind your online P's and Q's regarding anything that could be evidence of intent. That said, I'm sure there was some humor in his response as there was in mine.

Possible. We've been banging heads for a bit so figured it was more of the same. Saner minds prevail! [wink]

Bleach?

This is a good exercise and a reminder to have a family plan.

I don’t care about property. There’s nothing material in my house that costs more than whatever the legal fees are of shooting someone.

If there’s a bump in the night we are retreating to a designated room. “I called 911. Police are on the way. Do NOT come through that door”.

Hopefully the intruder listens…

Someone's living rent free in someone's head, that's for damn sure 😄

I’m sure in small enough pieces to fit into my wood boiler the gasification chamber would remove all of it but I’m no CSI guy.

For everyone talking about the lawyers after the shoot…..who invited them? Why bother saying anything. Cops in cities don’t want to work, fine - don’t call them.

Back
Top Bottom