• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Someone breaks in - Do you yell that you're armed or not?

Best case scenario:

You: I'm armed!
Them: ME TOO!
You: Yeah? What do you carry?
Them: I have a....
You: Cool, What do you think about it?

And then it turns into a chat about firearms, followed by a peaceful arrest. when the cops finally get around.

I know, it won't go down like that, but wouldn't it be nice?

I can just envision that You announce, they make a fast movement to turn and leave, you think that they’re attacking and you end up shooting them in the back. Good luck defending that one in MA.

There are some experienced and knowledgeable instructors here who can better expand on this, but one reason to at least announce that you see them is if you aren’t sure if the person is a friendly who is supposed to be there or not, or you have some question about hostile intent. Years ago my neighbor’s senile mother went into the unlocked front door of another neighbor at around 9 p.m., so there are real good reasons as to why you don’t come out blasting. In that case I wish the senile mother went in blasting because the c*nt liberal nutter of a wife in the house freaked out and called the police and wanted to press charges, and she knew that woman and her son well. He used to plow her driveway for nothing just to be a nice guy. He stopped doing that after that little incident.

I can just envision that You announce, they make a fast movement to turn and leave, you think that they’re attacking and you end up shooting them in the back. Good luck defending that one in MA.

There are some experienced and knowledgeable instructors here who can better expand on this, but one reason to at least announce that you see them is if you aren’t sure if the person is a friendly who is supposed to be there or not, or you have some question about hostile intent. Years ago my neighbor’s senile mother went into the unlocked front door of another neighbor at around 9 p.m., so there are real good reasons as to why you don’t come out blasting. In that case I wish the senile mother went in blasting because the c*nt liberal nutter of a wife in the house freaked out and called the police and wanted to press charges, and she knew that woman and her son well. He used to plow her driveway for nothing just to be a nice guy. He stopped doing that after that little incident.
Target identification is still necessary. Can’t just shoot at any human size silhouette simply because you weren’t expecting one.

WAT? If you see them turn and run way, how do you think they are attacking ?and why shoot them in the back.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom