• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Somebody wants to make a statement..........

So I pulled the affidavit from pacer on this case. Stopped for a red light violation. License suspended. Towed car and did an inventory search. That found a GSG-1911 .22 cal. semiautomatic pistol (serial number obliterated) loaded with (9) rounds; a Mauser Luger, 9mm semiautomatic pistol loaded with (6) rounds, bags of suspected crack cocaine as well as some .40 caliber ammunition.

Officers conducted a search of Evans and discovered as least (4) rounds of .22LR ammunition in his left pants pocket.

They charged him with the slam-dunk case. They were in his pocket, not in a bag found in the car. No screwing around with a motion to suppress evidence from the search of the car.

They left the rest of the charges for the state to prosecute:

FIREARM IN FELONY, POSSESS LGE CAPACITY c265 §18B
COCAINE, POSSESS TO DISTRIBUTE c94C §32A(c)
FIREARM SERIAL NO., DEFACE c269 §11C
FIREARM, CARRY WITHOUT LICENSE LOADED c269 s.10(n)
LICENSE SUSPENDED, OP MV WITH c90 §23
AMMUNITION WITHOUT FID CARD, POSSESS c269 §10(h)(1)
FIREARM, CARRY WITHOUT LICENSE c269 s.10(a)

He previously pleaded guilty to armed robbery in Middlesex Superior Court. He violated probation and did 18 months. Looks like he just got out when they picked him up on these charges.

Attachments

• document(61).pdf
    278.2 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
When I traded in my minivan (yeah, I had a minivan), I was cleaning it out and found a number of rounds (9, 45, 40) in the wells where the rear doors slide. That van had been to Canada, through NY, NJ, MD to FL. Ignorance is bliss...

So nice to see how many here went off the rails without knowing all the facts.

Fact is: Violent crime or not. If you're not in jail, having 4rds of .22 shouldn't be an offense at all and wasn't for the first 175 or so years of America.

Now, all them guns in the car?? Well, maybe. But again, let's explore what 2A says and what it intended.

Fact is: Violent crime or not. If you're not in jail, having 4rds of .22 shouldn't be an offense at all and wasn't for the first 175 or so years of America.

Now, all them guns in the car?? Well, maybe. But again, let's explore what 2A says and what it intended.
So I guess the shoe fits. Why are you projecting??

The inside of my truck has shotgun shells everywhere lol. I bust open and spill at least 3 boxes of shells during hunting season every year and im never sure if I get them all picked up.

But all 3 members of my family have fid or ltc.

Sounds like your truck is like a slot machine. People will start following you around to see if the right kind of ammo spills out.

More like a soda machine. In a slot machine, you put in coin to get coin. I'm not dropping a box of 9mm in there hoping to get a few 45's. But I'll shake the hell out of it to see if a spare .40 drops out. ;)

Sounds like your truck is like a slot machine. People will start following you around to see if the right kind of ammo spills out.
Its my shit hits the fan stash to get home. Time comes I need it im sure I can rummage around under the seats ans put together something. 🤣

Years ago I had a 100 round box of WWB 9mm fall out of my range bag and break open on the back seat.
100 rounds?
Meh, weak.
Can't swear there aren't some rounds of .22LR
still kicking around on the floor at Wal-Mart.

I know someone currently being jammed up for a single round of ammunition found in his apartment that he shared with three other room mates that all had their LTC’s it was not under his direct control at the time ...
So he's getting jacked up for violating the fire code?
Who conducted the raid, Fire Marshall Bill?

I flew back to MA from Charlotte, 3 years ago, ... apparently I didn't empty my pockets very well that night, because, while going through airport security, emptiying my pockets, I find an empty casing, ...
But I remembered I was not in MA, so I saw a trash can nearby, simply and not bashfully, tossed it up and in, nobody even batted an eye.
Did you remember to wipe it for prints?
[rofl]

Although, the guy behind me and I were talking about the Pats, and when he saw what I had in my hand, he says, do you mind if I go ahead of you? [rofl] [rofl]
Situational awareness is key.

When I traded in my minivan (yeah, I had a minivan), I was cleaning it out and found a number of rounds (9, 45, 40) in the wells where the rear doors slide. That van had been to Canada, through NY, NJ, MD to FL. Ignorance is bliss...
How many keys of H in the rocker panels?

Check you boot soles - I’ve had a few pieces of brass stuck in the cleats after a day shooting 22lr.
I remember being at work at a major boston hospital talking to a coworker, hearining a clink, looking down, and noticing a 9mm casing at my feet.

"How the hell did that get here" I said as I picked it up and tossing it in the barrel without missing a beat- I knew damn well how it got there, it fell out of the cuff of my pants. Thankfully my coworker was naive.

So I pulled the affidavit from pacer on this case. Stopped for a red light violation. License suspended. Towed car and did an inventory search. That found a GSG-1911 .22 cal. semiautomatic pistol (serial number obliterated) loaded with (9) rounds; a Mauser Luger, 9mm semiautomatic pistol loaded with (6) rounds, bags of suspected crack cocaine as well as some .40 caliber ammunition.

Officers conducted a search of Evans and discovered as least (4) rounds of .22LR ammunition in his left pants pocket.

They charged him with the slam-dunk case. They were in his pocket, not in a bag found in the car. No screwing around with a motion to suppress evidence from the search of the car.

They left the rest of the charges for the state to prosecute:

FIREARM IN FELONY, POSSESS LGE CAPACITY c265 §18B
COCAINE, POSSESS TO DISTRIBUTE c94C §32A(c)
FIREARM SERIAL NO., DEFACE c269 §11C
LICENSE SUSPENDED, OP MV WITH c90 §23
AMMUNITION WITHOUT FID CARD, POSSESS c269 §10(h)(1)
FIREARM, CARRY WITHOUT LICENSE c269 s.10(a)

He previously pleaded guilty to armed robbery in Middlesex Superior Court. He violated probation and did 18 months. Looks like he just got out when they picked him up on these charges.
Wow!!

Just Wow!!!

The trifecta.

Obliterated serial number
Felon in possession of guns and ammo
Crack cocaine

I recall a case from the late 1980s, where one prohibited person had a pre-1899 revolver ("antique", and not a firearm under federal law), knowing the prohibition didn't apply.

But he was caught with three live rounds and one empty case in the cylinder, and got busted for possessing the ammunition. Five years for each cartridge.

Once upon a time, I was TDY to combat school and it was the last class of the fiscal year. We were instructed to go through the rest of the ammo. On arrival back home, I found a handful of loose 5.56 in my pockets and in my carry on bag. Ooops.

The one that got away.

I was in New Mexico a couple of years back and took my piece with me. I had been carrying my ammo in the original cardboard box for a long time and it was barely doing the job.

Leaving NM the TSA guy wanted to see inside my bag and spilled the loose rounds all over my bag (found this out when I got home).

Before I left on my next trip to Korea, I gave my bag a good look, but still found a .45 round in my bag when I got to Korea.

Luckily no one else found it and I was able to dispose of it before I came back. It was a scary scary hollow point.

I keep my rounds in one of the plastic reloading boxes these days so that doesn't happen again.

I was checking in at a hotel in Korea and reached into my pocket for something. I pulled out a 9mm round. I checked my jacket when I got to the room and had 3 more in there. They all went into the pond at the hotel. Now I make sure I check everything carefully before any trips.

This line of thinking seems to be standard here, but I have to disagree. I think if you are convicted of a VIOLENT felony, you should most likely lose your right to own a firearm. I also think there should be a process to regain that right for someone that actually turned their life around.

Most guys here want politicians and child molesters burned at the stake but think violent felons should be able to tuck a 9mm in their pants the minute they walk out of prison. I don’t follow the logic.

Seriously. I think I have a box of .357 somewhere in mine. Also at least two ASPs, pepper spray and god knows how many knives. It’s a troopers wet dream.

it’s also a pig sty in general
Shit.

I'm now that you bring that up I have at least two cartridges of hunting ammo in the trunk that dropped through to the spare tire well. Gonna have to get those before I forget

... found a .45 round in my bag when I got to Korea.

Luckily no one else found it and I was able to dispose of it before I came back.
Hope it was someone who won't be missed.

I keep my rounds in one of the plastic reloading boxes these days so that doesn't happen again.
We'll come visit you in Fire Code jail.

You would have to lie to be empaneled.
Radio advice lawyer Bill Handel refers to Small Claims Court as "Liar's Court".
But he'd be willing to allow it happens in higher courts...

Most guys here want politicians and child molesters burned at the stake ...
We're working on it, we're working on it.

Last edited:
This line of thinking seems to be standard here, but I have to disagree. I think if you are convicted of a VIOLENT felony, you should most likely lose your right to own a firearm. I also think there should be a process to regain that right for someone that actually turned their life around.

Most guys here want politicians and child molesters burned at the stake but think violent felons should be able to tuck a 9mm in their pants the minute they walk out of prison. I don’t follow the logic.
If they are a threat to society, lock them up. If they aren't, and they have paid their debt to society, they should have their rights.

If they are a threat to society, lock them up. If they aren't, and they have paid their debt to society, they should have their rights.
But they were found guilty of a crime and put in a cage the fact that we accept that means it’s ok for government (us in theory) take away your rights in certain situations. Why does the punishment have to be prison or nothing?

How can we assume that when someone is released that they are rehabilitated? Are they dangerous up until release day and then magically no longer dangerous? Of course not but we also can’t go hanging a guy because he slapped his wife or got in a bar fight. At some point we have to believe the sentence he served was a deterrent enough against future offenses, but usually the guy that went into prison comes out worse.

as I said, I would be fine with a process to allow them their rights restored, but it would have to be o. A case by case basis.

Back
Top Bottom