Somebody might have a problem.....

BTSDOG

NES Member
Was just finishing up decapping my first 1k of 9mm when I ran across this gem. I already popped out the primer so i couldnt really check for overpressure issues. My guess is it went off in a .40 chamber instead of a 9mm. If thats even possible. I put the calipers on some fired cases and they ran from the 370's-380's range. This one measured out at .4320. Here are a couple of pics. Thoughts anyone ??

BF578CFE-9750-4150-A44D-54CFA7A49FB6.jpeg2B8E2D94-72E8-4FF4-9182-CE303C3BEFAE.jpeg08DBC229-F78D-459E-B26D-7825013F5241.jpeg4C620D90-162E-469B-A6E3-6D1478446EAC.jpeg

Oof. I'd repurpose it as a shot glass...

Oh, and this is why .40 S&W is Better than 9mm. Try shooting 9mm in a .40...

Just one. Where are your gloves...?
yeah, i know. But ive never used em in 46 yrs of reloading, casting, plus they get in the way when i bite my nails......

yeah, i know. But ive never used em in 46 yrs of reloading, casting, plus they get in the way when i bite my nails......
Lol. I'm a retired Harley Mechanic... and know where you're coming from.
~Matt

when i finally get up off my ass i'll take a photo of a .40 i shot inadvertently out of a .45. must have been in the tub of reloads i took to the range. not proud of it but shit happens.

Was just finishing up decapping my first 1k of 9mm when I ran across this gem. I already popped out the primer so i couldnt really check for overpressure issues. My guess is it went off in a .40 chamber instead of a 9mm. If thats even possible. I put the calipers on some fired cases and they ran from the 370's-380's range. This one measured out at .4320. Here are a couple of pics. Thoughts anyone ??

View attachment 343822View attachment 343823View attachment 343824View attachment 343825
Either that or some one ran an expander die too far down.

when i finally get up off my ass i'll take a photo of a .40 i shot inadvertently out of a .45. must have been in the tub of reloads i took to the range. not proud of it but shit happens.
Not proud either, but I did the same thing, except louded a mag of 380 in my Glock 19. Went boom, but wouldn't cycle and extract fully, took 2or 3 rds before it dawned on me what I had done. :rolleyes:

View attachment 343823

I've seen that before, a 9mm shot from a .40.
Not hard to do either because the case head is the same size, most of us reloaders already know that 9's and .40's use the same shell holder/plate.

I've seen that before, a 9mm shot from a .40.
Not hard to do either because the case head is the same size, most of us reloaders already know that 9's and .40's use the same shell holder/plate.

seen it before, Don't ask my how i know......[slap]

Hell, I did it ONCE
I was on the range with my 40 glock.... MY son was on the range next to me with his 9mm glock. Our loaded mags were on the table next to each other.
The rest is history.....
his jammed and didn't load. Mine shot but didnt' feed after that....
I saw the shell casing and realized what i did. yes a moron move..., ,, NEVER shot those two next to each other again.

but as someone said, the 40 fired! I always thought I would see that in a movie. Two guys in a shoot out, the guy with 40 runs out of ammo. the guy with 9 is shot in the hand and through the pistol The hero slams the 9 mag in his 40 and get's one shot out killing the evil villian .....LOL

Hell, I've made 9/.40 brass before. Not often. You can tell from the sound and I don't believe it would rack the slide. Lower-tone to the sound. Not quieter. Lower. Beeechk! Beeechk! Boooohk!

Never made .40/.45 tho. Usually it's 9-and-something at the range.

Back
Top Bottom