• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Some Women

Infinite Jester

Navy Veteran
Some women sew, some scrapbook, some craft, and some...want to build ARs.

I was firmly planted on the couch last night, beer in hand, perusing some sights on the laptop. I've been looking for a .308 lower, and just doing some general research. I sense my wife starting to look over at some of them. It was some of the novelty ones in 5.56 on Spike's Tactical that got her eye. Out of nowhere she says, "Why don't we each build one?". As you can imagine, I was 100% behind that idea. Her reasoning was that if she was going to own one, why not know how it worked top to bottom (or upper to lower[smile]). Now I enter into this family project knowing full well that I married a pig headed,independent, stubborn, Irish Catholic Boston girl with a healthy sense of competition, and at the end of it, her build will probably be nicer than mine.

On a side note, I see this as a great opportunity to photograph the process and have her start a blog about it. With so many women entering the shooting sports these days, it would be a great way to normalize it to the nons and antis.

I would happily share her blog with my wife.

Forgot to mention. She went to NESOP for photography school. (before she became an RN), so I know she could capture some great photos to go along with the process. I think it might inspire some other women to get into builds. Expose the fact that it's not that difficult, and the customization possibilities are endless.

Forgot to mention. She went to NESOP for photography school. (before she became an RN), so I know she could capture some great photos to go along with the process. I think it might inspire some other women to get into builds. Expose the fact that it's not that difficult, and the customization possibilities are endless.
If the build and blog go well, my wife might be interested in a woman only build party. She has shown some interest in building one. A woman's build party might help get other women inspired.

If the build and blog go well, my wife might be interested in a woman only build party. She has shown some interest in building one. A woman's build party might help get other women inspired.

+1. That's a tremendous idea. I think the whole "build" culture has been pretty much of a boy's club. I love the idea of a women only build party.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, i will be the one to ask if she is hot, LOL

She is to me. [smile]

I was firmly planted on the couch last night, beer in hand, perusing some sights on the laptop. I've been looking for a .308 lower, and just doing some general research. I sense my wife starting to look over at some of them. It was some of the novelty ones in 5.56 on Spike's Tactical that got her eye. Out of nowhere she says, "Why don't we each build one?". As you can imagine, I was 100% behind that idea. Her reasoning was that if she was going to own one, why not know how it worked top to bottom (or upper to lower[smile]). Now I enter into this family project knowing full well that I married a pig headed,independent, stubborn, Irish Catholic Boston girl with a healthy sense of competition, and at the end of it, her build will probably be nicer than mine.

On a side note, I see this as a great opportunity to photograph the process and have her start a blog about it. With so many women entering the shooting sports these days, it would be a great way to normalize it to the nons and antis.

You scored with your woman man! She's a keeper!!

Ok, i will be the one to ask if she is hot, LOL
Who gives a rat's ass? She's a chick who likes GUNS!! That automatically makes her an 8 or 9 on NES....and a 10 if she comes from a well to do family (or her Dad owns a liquor store, a ticket agency, gun shop, Ford truck dealership, etc etc etc) ...

Just sayin' [emoji6]
(and a huge congrats and +1 to the OP for "marrying well"!)

Ill help with a build party for the ladies. I'll do it shirtless too.

I'm 6' 4" and a little overweight but it's for the girls!

Sounds like a keeper to me.

Every man needs a good woman!
Clinton_worst_dressed_03.jpg

[puke][puke2] There goes my breakfast!

Every man needs a good woman!
Clinton_worst_dressed_03.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

You're a lucky man! Good for you and for her.

You're a lucky man! Good for you and for her.
i'd say so too. i hope you guys will do a photo essay and post it. and have fun with the build. also be cool if several women participated and the project got some kind of regional or national exposure, like a mention on one of those shooting shows. anyway, enjoy yourselves.

I've almost got everything for my little lady's SBR build. She'd definitely be interested in a female build party.

Umm... Isnt using the terms "feeler open" and "female friends" in a post on NES kinda wading into dangerous waters?

Just sayin'[emoji6]

Normally, but my rep with the women of Nes know I'm not the typical leg humper . Just atillia's leg. A few of them have made comments to my gf at meets and shoots to that effect I'm less creepy then most lol.

Not as bad as the dude that talked about wanting his much younger niece he used to change the diapers of etc.

Back
Top Bottom