Some questions about Boston Unrestricted LTC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, my dad owns a shop and I help him out. I carry cash for him/make deposits. They asked for proof and I gave it to them. Are you saying it’s really hard to get unrestricted in Boston? Like only 1/10 gets it? Sorry, I’m new here keep tell you guys.
If only 1 out of 10 got it, we could almost consider Boston green.

I would say that only 1 percent get it, with luck. Business owners, lawyers, people that know people.

That being said:

1. If unrestricted, I have been told by several people that Boston renews unrestricted. I moved to Boston with an unrestricted, I will find out in 3 years.

2. Yes, people can call the cops on your for printing and then you will need to explain how they knew you had a gun. Even showing your gun to someone so they wall away is like pointing it a them. So, if its concealed, how did they know?
The cops will put it on your to prove your innocence. Good luck.

3. While open carry is legal, you dont want to open carry.

4. Have thick skin, this is NES and some people assume you have read all hundreds of thousands of posts before you post your question. But overall, people are very helpful and nice. You will see with time.

5. Dont buy a .40

Last edited:
Also, i feel scared to use it self defense because I do not clearly understand under what circumstances I’m allowed to use it. I don’t think I can use it if someone punches me in the face... but can I use it when someone pulls knife on me? Or do I have to wait for them to stab me first. Chances are if I shoot them, cops come and the criminal will say I pulled my firearm on him first so he pulled out a knife... so damn lost.

If you ever use it for self defense, you SHUT THE F*** UP. Let the cops arrest you, let them tell you that you will rot in jail, whatever. SHUT THE F*** UP. An attorney speaks for you only. It doesnt matter what happened, you SHUT UP.

In this state, you should be prepared to automatically be seen as GUILTY. Period.

Your name will most likely be on the news (at least online).

The family of the "dindu nuffin" scumbag that was "turning his life around" will try to come after you.

The acumbag might know other scumbags that will easily find out where you live.

Eventually, you might be able to walk, but no one will print a story saying you are innocent.

But the two most important things to remember:

1. You dont talk to the police.
2. You DO NOT, no matter what happened, shoot someone that is running away.

You don't know much about MA gun laws, or CC in general, yet your first gun is a G17....that you got in MA? Interesting.....

Well, if you're worried about printing, get a better belt/holster, don't wear skin tight BJJ rashguards when you carry, and you should be fine. While the G17 isn't the easiest to conceal, there is no excuse my small-framed ass can conceal it with a mere t-shirt if needed....although I wouldn't want to.

Also, printing is much different than the damn pistol grip sticking out several inches. You enter troll territory when you don't realize why that's an issue. If you print a bit, not a single soul will notice as most people are too busy rubbing their nose into their screens to even look up. I print ever so slightly with my G19 and a semi-fitted t-shirt and not a single person has ever noticed, at least not enough to tell me.

As others have said, please don't tell people, even your friends, when you carry. Its no one's business but your own, unless you just crave for cool fudd pats on the back. Unless we're going to some venue that pats you down or has metal detectors, I carry when I go out with friends all the time and no one asks or cares despite them knowing I have my license.

Seriously though, read up and get some training before you either hurt yourself or someone else. We all love guns and our right to carry but it's not a game.

Lol I think you should open carry. And let us all know how it worked out for you.... lol J/K, don’t open carry. I Can’t get passed your sense of entitlement/ ignorance tho.... it’s off the charts

97 posts in 24 hours.
Just about all say DONT OPEN CARRY.
See a common theme here?
We all can’t be wrong.

I’m learning a lot from you guys. Appreciate all the replies. No open carry for me in Boston I guess, even though I thought it was OK because I googled MA gun laws and it said it’s legal (ma.gov website). I do, however plan on continuing with the “half ass concealment”. I have a holster that goes on my belt and when I’m carrying you can see the bottom part of the firearm sticking out from underneath my jacket/shirt (about 2 inches) and you can see a grip print pretty well. I am white, young, clean cut and in great athletic shape... so perhaps people just make “assumptions” and don’t know that I’m just a “citizen” like they are.

Aside from the comment, "Just because you can doesn't mean you should", you are going to find yourself in a world of legal trouble in addition to the loss of your LTC if you embark on this path. I strongly encourage you to take the classes others have mentioned.

Having said this, I (like others) am seriously beginning to wonder if you are just trolling for comments?

Also, i feel scared to use it self defense because I do not clearly understand under what circumstances I’m allowed to use it. I don’t think I can use it if someone punches me in the face... but can I use it when someone pulls knife on me? Or do I have to wait for them to stab me first. Chances are if I shoot them, cops come and the criminal will say I pulled my firearm on him first so he pulled out a knife... so damn lost.
If you don't know the answers to those questions " Leave your guns at home son. Don't take your guns to town." Theres a song in their somewhere. If you draw your weapon and fire at someone and maim or kill them without just cause... You will quickly find yourself in the company of lots of other dudes in a restricted environment where you eat together, shower together and take yard time together.

2. Yes, people can call the cops on your for printing and then you will need to explain how they knew you had a gun. Even showing your gun to someone so they wall away is like pointing it a them. So, if its concealed, how did they know?
The cops will put it on your to prove your innocence. Good luck.

Mass in particular has a very loosey-goosey working definition/application of assault with a deadly weapon, disorderly conduct, and similar crimes. Most people just cop a plea and "accept responsibility" by "making a deal" and the cases never see the light of a motion to dismiss or suppress. Even with private counsel - private counsel gets paid whether you walk free, plea, or get convicted.

That all being said, I think OP is either a blithering idiot or a troll. A guy who is "white, young, clean cut and in great athletic shape" would be highly suspicious in Boston while open carrying - most people would assume he's out to, uh, make the front page news.

I appreciate your help guys. I’m not too sure why some of you think I’m trolling and how I could prove that I’m not. I’m just new and a bit lost. Also, now scared too. Scared to carry. It seems that no matter what I will always be in the wrong, and the idea of being arrested / in jail/prison scares me more than being dead. There is something really scary about not being free. I’d rather be dead. Not even kidding. Also, what I mentioned “white, young, clean cut and in great athletic shape” I meant that people probably assume you’re a COP, probably been on duty for a couple of years.

I appreciate your help guys. I’m not too sure why some of you think I’m trolling and how I could prove that I’m not. I’m just new and a bit lost. Also, now scared too. Scared to carry. It seems that no matter what I will always be in the wrong, and the idea of being arrested / in jail/prison scares me more than being dead. There is something really scary about not being free. I’d rather be dead. Not even kidding. Also, what I mentioned “white, young, clean cut and in great athletic shape” I meant that people probably assume you’re a COP, probably been on duty for a couple of years.
You are trolling because you are a dope. You have no idea on firearm ownership and handling yet you think you’ll impress people showing off a gun in MA.
REALLY?

This is one fear I have in an active shooter situation - a bunch of concealed carriers that have never been to a range firing indiscriminately like it’s Call of Duty in their parents’ basement.
The trigger and recoil is a lot different in Moms basement. I think.
Never done COD or lived in moms basement.

99% of what you're afraid of can be avoided by:

*Training
*Listening to other people who've been in your situation before
*Good situational awareness
*Thinking about the consequences of any action you take

Freedom isn't about being a rando white boy walking around Boston openly with a Glock 17. Freedom is all about accepting responsibility.

Still think you're a troll. Mods, shut this mother down.

"Also, what I mentioned “white, young, clean cut and in great athletic shape” I meant that people probably assume you’re a COP, probably been on duty for a couple of years."

Beginning to think you have ulterior motives.....? This party should have ended two pages ago.

Dude just stop! Now you want people to think you're a cop. I think you're a troll. But if not. Put the g17 in the safe save it for the range. Buy something more concealable. Train twice a month for a year. Read the forum but don't reply to anything for 6 months. Go green and come back under a different screen name.

This person is an intern at the AG’s office and they have enough coffee for the next month. Almost every post has been a question with blatantly obvious answers with nothing more than a cursory search, or an extended gratitude post. It’s 2019 - if you haven’t been on a forum of some sort by now, then spam is still a food source.

Good luck fit white guy.

99% of what you're afraid of can be avoided by:

*Training
*Listening to other people who've been in your situation before
*Good situational awareness
*Thinking about the consequences of any action you take

Freedom isn't about being a rando white boy walking around Boston openly with a Glock 17. Freedom is all about accepting responsibility.

I agree with this. Having a gun on yoy doesnt mean you are the man and can now walk around through the sketchiest places because if someone comes at you, you just shoot them.

Having a gun means paying attention. Avoiding confrontation.

You also need to realize, if you point your gun at someone, you better be ready to use it, because two things can happen:
1. That person gets pissed and charges at you.
2. That persons is not a complete idiot and runs away.

If #1 happens, are you ready to shoot?

I agree with this. Having a gun on yoy doesnt mean you are the man and can now walk around through the sketchiest places because if someone comes at you, you just shoot them.

Having a gun means paying attention. Avoiding confrontation.

You also need to realize, if you point your gun at someone, you better be ready to use it, because two things can happen:
1. That person gets pissed and charges at you.
2. That persons is not a complete idiot and runs away.

If #1 happens, are you ready to shoot?

I have met a lot of people carrying for the first time, and they almost never think of the consequences, of what is coming after you shoot someone.

Pissed off and willing to die comes to mind.

I like your sarcasm. I do not belong to a club, but I go to a range sometimes here in Boston. The only firearm I own is a Glock 17 handgun, and that is the one I wanted to carry and print

Dude. Seriously, how often do you practice with your Glock? Going to range “sometimes” in Boston? Describe “sometimes”.

Dude, really?

I should have read the entire thread before wasting my time posting.

Did you do ANY research?

Before I even had my first license, I found hundreds of NES threads just by Googling about gun laws. I read NES for a good 6 months before going for my permit and then I joined NES.

So ...

1. You took a class.
2. You got the permit.
3. You went and bought a Glock.
4. You were planning on open carrying.

And you did all that without ever Googling anything, doing any research?

This is why people call you a troll.

I did one Google search "Open Carry A Gun In Massachusetts" ... 4th result is a NES thread. The top result also talks about what a bad idea it is.

Screenshot_20191020-213141_Chrome.jpg

If you decide to continue visiting NES and posting, at least show people you did some basic research. You dont need to be an expert, but dont sound like you didnt even bother to do 30 seconds of research, but you already own a gun and have a LTC.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom